• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sundome renavation?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  152
  • Days Won:  0

I am just curious if there are any plans for a major sundome renavation?

If so when, what, and how much.

I love the video screens and the court.  I have noticed they have done some painting recently.  I would most like to see some new stands(even though I stand most of the game), the ones they have now seem to be getting old and worn out.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I love the video screens and the court.

Did we get a new court this season?  if so does it look any different than the old one?

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Did we get a new court this season?  if so does it look any different than the old one?

We got a new one last year. Not sure what the old one looked like.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We got a new one last year. Not sure what the old one looked like.

I read somewhere that last years was a used one (new to us) but we got a brand new one this year.  Eric or Vicki might be able to verify that.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

I believe they are in the early stages of drafting plans to add boxes in the Sun Dome.  Also...I think the floor this year is new and was purchased after one of the basketball movies that came out last year.  I can find out the details if anyone is that interested.  But yes the floor is new this year.  The main reason to buy a new one was they really felt that the floor they had before was not the main reason for so many injuries over the past few years but definately had something to do with it.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

But yes the floor is new this year.  The main reason to buy a new one was they really felt that the floor they had before was not the main reason for so many injuries over the past few years but definately had something to do with it.

They shouldve went ahead and repainted it while they were at it. I know I know, yall are tired of hearing me *****, but the floor design is kind of, "eh".

more info on this topic:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1164298165/12#12

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

I have heard that they are going to eventually replace all the seats with new ones. They said that all the seats will be the same color which will look alot better than the different color seating sections that we have now. I would perfer nice green seats, so that it makes the place look more dim in the stands.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I have heard that they are going to eventually replace all the seats with new ones. They said that all the seats will be the same color which will look alot better than the different color seating sections that we have now. I would perfer nice green seats, so that it makes the place look more dim in the stands.

Another thing I would recommend, and I think this was a topic before when it came to Sundome renovations, was that the lower level would be reconfigured as a bowl shape with no gaps in the corners, much like a modern arena.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

Also, they should make the arena easy for the students to storm the court. ;D I remember when the students tried to storm the court a few years ago only to have to go down some isles just to get on the court.