• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reggie Bush = over-rated ?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

Joseph Addai = Leading Rusher for Rookies

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

yes Bush is overrated. He will never put up big time numbers in the NFL. All he is is a decoy that fumbles when he gets the ball.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

How about we give the man some time to actually adjust to the NFL game before we judge.  MOST rookies need 2-3 years to adjust to the NFL before you can judge their true potential.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

How about we give the man some time to actually adjust to the NFL game before we judge.  MOST rookies need 2-3 years to adjust to the NFL before you can judge their true potential.  

not true. rbs come in all the time and make an impact right away. maybe not qbs or wrs but rbs do it all the time.

tomlinson had 1600 yards from scrimmage and 10 tds his first year. he was the #5 overall pick.

he's the 46th ranked rushing rb. he ranks behind 8 other rookies none of which start on their own team.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

guess Houston picked the right player

not true. rbs come in all the time and make an impact right away. maybe not qbs or wrs but rbs do it all the time.

tomlinson had 1600 yards from scrimmage and 10 tds his first year. he was the #5 overall pick.

IMHO you cannot judge any player accuratley till they have about 3 years in the league.  Players develop and become adjusted to the NFL at different speeds.   Imagine if you judged Tiki Barber, Shaun Alexander, or Larry Johnson by their first year in the league the way people are doing bush.  They would all look pretty foolish.  Lets not forget Johnson being called a baby by his head coach and that he needed to stop wearing the papers or something to that effect.  Also Tiki Barber was considered to be nothing more than a third down back who fumbles too much early in his career (gee that sounds familiar) and now has 6 (counting this year) 1000+ yd seasons to his credit.  How about he give the guy a couple years before we go screaming bust.  Now if you say he didnt live up to the hype that alot of people had for him going into THIS SEASON i would agree but to call him a bust is to say he wont do anything over the rest of his career, which it is WAY to early to make a judgement like that.

IMHO you cannot judge any player accuratley till they have about 3 years in the league.  Players develop and become adjusted to the NFL at different speeds.   Imagine if you judged Tiki Barber, Shaun Alexander, or Larry Johnson by their first year in the league the way people are doing bush.  They would all look pretty foolish.  Lets not forget Johnson being called a baby by his head coach and that he needed to stop wearing the papers or something to that effect.  Also Tiki Barber was considered to be nothing more than a third down back who fumbles too much early in his career (gee that sounds familiar) and now has 6 (counting this year) 1000+ yd seasons to his credit.  How about he give the guy a couple years before we go screaming bust.  Now if you say he didnt live up to the hype that alot of people had for him going into THIS SEASON i would agree but to call him a bust is to say he wont do anything over the rest of his career, which it is WAY to early to make a judgement like that.

I never said he was a bust. in fact in a previos post I said that only time will tell. He is overrated though. the guy has more commercials then tiki, lj, and tomlinson combined. If you watch any nfl analyst you may notice how great they make him out to be. just like  they do with m vick. I almost have to turn the sound down when the falcons play because they never criticize vick. they only talk about him being such a great talent. there must be a league mandate not to say anything deragatory about him. just like they're not allowed to criticize officiating.

by the way tiki was a 2nd rounder not #2 overall and his numbers are better than bush's his rookie year. LJ was 27th overall and played behind a stud in p holmes and alexander was 19th overall and he had 1600 total yards his 2nd year in the league. I was comparing bush to tomlinson because they were drafted similarly. one was #2 overall and the other #5 overall.

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

For a #2 OverAll, he is "over-rated" . . . but I still feel he will pay big dividends in the long haul. Who wouldn't after watching him in college?

I never said he was a bust. in fact in a previos post I said that only time will tell. He is overrated though. the guy has more commercials then tiki, lj, and tomlinson combined. If you watch any nfl analyst you may notice how great they make him out to be. just like  they do with m vick. I almost have to turn the sound down when the falcons play because they never criticize vick. they only talk about him being such a great talent. there must be a league mandate not to say anything deragatory about him. just like they're not allowed to criticize officiating.

by the way tiki was a 2nd rounder not #2 overall and his numbers are better than bush's his rookie year. LJ was 27th overall and played behind a stud in p holmes and alexander was 19th overall and he had 1600 total yards his 2nd year in the league. I was comparing bush to tomlinson because they were drafted similarly. one was #2 overall and the other #5 overall.

So basically he is what sidney crosby was last year....   Alot of hype but very few times did he live up to it.  Bush has the same kind of scary athletic talent that Crosby has but in the NFL you are 22 before you can show it off in the league rather than 19 (due to league rules).  Ill take Bush's potential over MOST of the players in his draft class. The only RB that i would rate on his level talent and potential wise is Moroney.