• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

East Carolina to the Birmingham Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Who do you think South Freaking Florida is?  You have played football for 10 years and you think you have arrived?  You should consider yourself lucky to play the Pirates in a bowl game!  No need to bring your 25 fans as you normally would, we'll fill up the stadium and try and give a little atmosphere...something USF fans no nothing about!!!

EAST CAROLINA?!!!

We win 8 friggin games and we get to play East FREAKING Carolina?!!

Whoopty-friggin-doo.

Wow.  Sounds like sour grapes.  Call us back when you actually beat us.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

You know what really drives me nuts about you guys? You should have some mutual respect for us. You are a mid-tier program struggling to climb into the upper tier of your conference. So are we. You are the #4 recognized footbal program in your state, trying to gain respect among the better-known school. So are we. You are no better than us, or Southern Mississippi, or Marhall, or anyone else. The difference is, you think you are. Why? because you finaly beat a quality opponent? YOU LOST TO KANSAS! AND CINCY!

Instead of embracing the opportunity to play a team with a similair situation and status as yourselves, you instead think youre the South Florida Gators for some reason. Time to pinch the arm and wake up a little kids!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

If we go to Birmingham I will do my best to be there

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

You know what really drives me nuts about you guys? You should have some mutual respect for us. You are a mid-tier program struggling to climb into the upper tier of your conference. So are we. You are the #4 recognized footbal program in your state, trying to gain respect among the better-known school. So are we. You are no better than us, or Southern Mississippi, or Marhall, or anyone else. The difference is, you think you are. Why? because you finaly beat a quality opponent? YOU LOST TO KANSAS! AND CINCY!

Instead of embracing the opportunity to play a team with a similair situation and status as yourselves, you instead think youre the South Florida Gators for some reason. Time to pinch the arm and wake up a little kids!

Wow I guess that stuff the gnats have is contagious in their conference.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,297

We lost by 6 to Kansas as we were finding our offense.......and if you remember Cincy beat Ruters and had losses to OSU, UL, and Virg Tech.  Cincy would kill you guys.  Were not the same CUSA Bulls.  I would keep your trash talking to a minimum.........we'll play it out on the field.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

These ECU fans are funny...they talk about us losing to cincy and Kansas when they lost to teams such as UAB (which UCF even beat) but I do give them credit they beat teams like Navy and NC State which are pretty decent and played W. VA pretty close.  I still think that if USF plays to their potential we wil demolish ECU.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I have respect for you guys.  It's just smack on a message board.  I would really hate to play rice.   I think we just want a little more than something from the past after knocking off WVA.  How would you feel in our situation?  I think most of us that have been around a while, the only rematch we want with CUSA is S miss and then  DI-AA Hofstra   ...maybe Georgia Southern.   The bowl in houston would be a great opportunity and something new.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,297

These ECU fans are funny...they talk about us losing to cincy and Kansas when they lost to teams such as UAB (which UCF even beat) but I do give them credit they beat teams like Navy and NC State which are pretty decent and played W. VA pretty close.  I still think that if USF plays to their potential we wil demolish ECU.

Exactly!!  They lost to UAB!!!!!!!!!1 UA - Freakin - B........are you kidding me!!!!!!!!  Let them play any team in the Big 12......Like Kansas, and let's see what would happen.  And Cincy would have them for lunch.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

This arguement sounds familiar....oh yeah....

Big East/BCS > C-USA/DOA

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

It's amazing to me that the general consensus of this board is that ECU is a nobody, your fans will not attend the game if you have to play ECU, Greenville is a terrible place etc...  How many bowls has USF been to?  How many time have you finished ranked?  Have you ever been ranked?  How many fans to you average?  You been playing football for ten years and you think you've arrived?  That's funny!  The only reason you were selected for the Big East is because the conference needed a Florida connection and you guys are the only option left.  The mention of South Florida in our region gets a quick, "who are they" look...face it USF you may have a decent football team but you still are unrecognizable to most fans around the country, you have no history, and ECU fans will outnumber USF fans in a bowl game whether we play a big name team or a small name team 3 to 1 on any given day!!!  Keep on dreamin bulls fans!