• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FAMU every 3 years ?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

opening against a 1-AA is the best way to wrok out the kinks before you play the 1-A teams.

it makes sense to me and last time I checked, we were not exactly in any jeopardy of ruining our bid to the national title because of our schedule.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

We are ALL assuming that Georgia Southern, Hofstra and the other named 1AA schools are knocking on our doors to play at RJS. The reality is that they are NOT, why would they come and get a beating AT USF for $300,000 when they could do the same at Auburn or Florida and make bigger bucks in a stadium filled with more fans and with a bigger name?

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

very good point Cubanbull-- like anything else, these teams expect a certain price for that servic`de of showing up.

I recall USF got something like $600,000 for playing at Little Rock. We earned our money that day. Yeah-- we coulod sell our sould and do a bunch of payday games-- but at what cost to the development of the program itself?

Isn't the point of all this work USF is doing to BE one of the Big Boys who can afford to pay to have all their OOC games at home or only travel to fair market home and home deal type games?

We did our sellout phase already with a few more liined up still to go at that (Auburn, UFx2). Just think of it in the sense that USF has been on a speed course through this whole thing already and it makes sense--- adn we can move on from this.

Now if we could just get the fanbase built that dfast

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

And the arguement of playing tougher teams to be better ... lets be honest, we can not get through the tougher part of our conference ... YET !

We are not a SEC/ACC/PAC-10/Big10(plus 1) team that has been around 50 plus years and have average football and are considered door mats of their conferences.

We are perceived as a team on the up side of potential ... let's not change that perception and risk not going to bowl games. Yes they are lower bowl games, but we are obviously not ready to go into the Big Houses YET ! ANYWAYS ... why would these teams pay a Big East team when they can get a 1AA team and still get the same amount of money and limited scare value.

Those that can't get this through their heads should make this thread a favorite and read it next time this comes up again.

If not, I don't mind debating it  ;D

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

USF shouldn't ever schedule I-AA games. I mean schools like Arkansas, WVU, Wisconsin, Texas, Rutgers, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Boston College, California, Wake Forest, Nebraska and Penn St would NEVER, EVER play a I-AA team because it would hurt their chances to make the Top #25 of the BCS poll.

Look at Georgia and Florida. They would NEVER, EVER play directional I-AA schools like Western Carolina or Western Kentucky. FAMU could NEVER, EVER expect to play a team like the Hurricanes of Miami. And Wofford. NO WAY lowly I-AA Wofford could ever expect to play a SEC team like South Carolina.

USF is in the BCS now and should NEVER, EVER play I-AA teams.  ::)

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400

It's funny how people are so eager to schedule FAMU, but hesitant to schedule UCF.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

It's funny how people are so eager to schedule FAMU, but hesitant to schedule UCF.

I was against an annual USF/UCF game, but have come around to the otherside now.

Kizarvexis

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

I agree Pit ... amazing how some think.

I wouldn't mind UCF every 3 years either ... speaking of which:  ;)

From the same entry:

Also the 2008 game at UCF is the last to be played in the series - [highlight]although that obviously could change[/highlight].

Suprised nobody started crying about this  ;D

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I agree Pit ... amazing how some think.

I wouldn't mind UCF every 3 years either ... speaking of which:  ;)

Heck, I wouldn't mind them every 2 years ... It would be great to alternate them with FAMU every other year.   8-)