• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why can't our Band do that?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

From the baseball capped band playing Bohemian Raps ...

If you were at Lousiville and saw how they started the game versus our starts, you would better understand.

So you would have us believe that you, who (obviously) haven't been to a HOME game this year - since H.O.T. has not played Bohemian Rhapsody even ONCE this year - were at Louisville and saw their band's great pagentry??!?!?!?  Even though chicky (who was clearly at the UL game and attends ALL home games as a cheerleader) in another thread said that H.O.T. blew UL's band out of the water??!?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight   ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

This whole thing about the band and tradition is a stupid argument.  Why should we copy another band's tradition and use it as our own.  We should embrace what the HOT and other USF Spirit Squads do as OUR tradition and keep the BULL PRIDE rolling.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

How in the world is that NOT a valid reason? One of the primary ingredients of the event atmosphere of which you speak is tradition, and one of the primary ingredients of tradition is time. While we're playing the comparison role, consider for example the Script Ohio that started this post, which came into being nearly 60 years after TBDBITL did. Granted, while amazing, it was innovation that created Script Ohio, and it could have been created 5 or 50 years after the OSUMB. Still, it is the fanatical attention to detail in its execution, combined with the fact that fans hold it in high regard that make it as amazing as it is today. Back in 1936, do you think the fans at that game on that day "Wow, that's amazing!" or "Ye Gods, this is a tradition that will endure for many decades!"? I wasn't there, but I'd wager it was the former--if they saw it at all. After all, it was halftime. They could have just as easily been at the concession stand. Consider some of HOT's traditions/growing traditions at this time: The pregame entrance. #8/The Bull. The downs cheers. The 3rd quarter cadence series. the HOTDL parading out at game's end. Only now are some of these even BEGINNING to be thought of as enduring traditions.

I'm not saying you can't create an amazing band in 9 years; indeed, HOT has done just that. But creating enduring, respected traditions takes a good deal more time.

Exactly... As much as some don't want to hear it, tradition evolves over time and there is no magic formula to speed it up, no matter how badly some want to believe otherwise.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I love me some H.O.T.

Yes, I think more glitz and glamor and cool pageantry type stuff would be great, but I can see how far they have come just in the past five or six years!

I'm hoping for the PapaJohns.com Bowl so I can attend and experience the H.O.T. in-person for the first time in about three seasons!  I missed not having them there at "The House That Pizza Built."

Go Bulls, and Go H.O.T.!!!

Keep getting louder, keep getting bigger, and keep blaring our signature songs (i.e. fight song, March Victorious, Wooly Bully, No. 8, etc.) on national TV so America knows who we are and what we sound like.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

If you were at Lousiville and saw how they started the game versus our starts, you would better understand.

So you would have us believe that you, who (obviously) haven't been to a HOME game this year - since H.O.T. has not played Bohemian Rhapsody even ONCE this year - were at Louisville and saw their band's great pagentry??!?!?!?  Even though chicky (who was clearly at the UL game and attends ALL home games as a cheerleader) in another thread said that H.O.T. blew UL's band out of the water??!?

Some Bull fans move.  Louisville was the closest game so I drove 7 hours one way to watch.  How often do you drive that long to see USF?  Also, the facilities and the pre-game blew anything that USF has done out of the water.  

Some Bull fans move.  Louisville was the closest game so I drove 7 hours one way to watch.  How often do you drive that long to see USF?  Also, the facilities and the pre-game blew anything that USF has done out of the water.

You're ******** about a band and festivities you haven't seen for at least a year ....... I think this could put a little damper on your credibility factor.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Some Bull fans move.  Louisville was the closest game so I drove 7 hours one way to watch.  How often do you drive that long to see USF?  [highlight]Also, the facilities and the pre-game blew anything that USF has done out of the water.[/highlight]  

Could not disagree with you more as far as the band goes.  H.O.T. was better three years ago (last time I saw them in person) than UL's band was on Friday night!  And from everything I hear in recordings and see & hear on TV, they are lightyears ahead of that now!  UL's band was smaller and far less active in the game than H.O.T.

Again, I'm hoping we go to Birmingham for our bowl game so I can go experience H.O.T. in-person for the first time in a long time!  Love me some H.O.T.!!!

Now, I will agree with you as far as facilities.  Their 40,000 stadium was anything but fancy (I think you'll agree), but you know what????  IT'S THEIRS!!!  Their colors were everywhere, their logo was everywhere, and you actually felt like you were watching a college football game.  Being there at their less-than state-of-the-art stadium has only reinforced my convictions about how crappy RayJay is for a college program by 100-fold.

Anyhow, you still are wrong about the H.O.T.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Oh, and one more thing about UL's stadium.....

It must feel pretty good to Cardinal fans to know that the $$$$ they're coughing up for tickets, parking, concessions, souveniers, etc. is going to help out their school.

Bulls fans get the warm & fuzzy feeling of knowing their dollars are lining the pockets of a greedy sheyster who held Tampa for ransom and is now laughing all the way to the bank, all the while limiting USF's ability to make that stadium feel like a home.

What a travesty.

It must feel pretty good to Cardinal fans to know that the $$$$ they're coughing up for tickets, parking, concessions, souveniers, etc. is going to help out their school.

Bulls fans get the warm & fuzzy feeling of knowing their dollars are lining the pockets of a greedy sheyster who held Tampa for ransom and is now laughing all the way to the bank, all the while limiting USF's ability to make that stadium feel like a home.

I'd bet that the majority of Bulls fans that attend games at RayJay right now don't give a second thought to this while they're enjoying the amenities of the stadium ..... The ocs's time will come.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I'd bet that the majority of Bulls fans that attend games at RayJay right now don't give a second thought to this while they're enjoying the amenities of the stadium ..... The ocs's time will come.

Understood, BBC.  You're right....I know most Bulls fans don't think like I do on this matter, but I'm just throwing this out there as a fan who has experienced a stadium that we could very easily copy and do very well for ourselves.