• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watson and Chambers Dismissed from Team

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

it's a shame

img1398fg5.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Sheriff,

I think you hit the nail on the head. I think it may have been all of your points that you stated for this to happen. To me, Leavitt liked both Watson and Chambers talent on that field, but I guess it does not matter when they get into trouble off the field. Maybe he does not want anymore distractions for the bowl game, so he might as well get them off the team now after the team violations.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

my last picture of Mr. Chambers

img3277lw6.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

And Chambers had 2 years of elgibility left  :P

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Brett may have the reason ... 2 game suspension maybe ? And then just figure get ready for the future for the bowl game ?

2 Players Off USF Football Team

By BRETT McMURPHY The Tampa Tribune

Published: Nov 14, 2006

TAMPA - University of South Florida junior wide receiver Jackie Chambers and senior left tackle Thed Watson were dismissed from the program Monday for a violation of team rules.

USF coach Jim Leavitt would not elaborate on the players' dismissal.

"I'm not going to comment," Leavitt said. "I'm focused on Louisville. That's all I'm worried about."

In August, Chambers told The Tampa Tribune he had been suspended for a second positive drug test and appealed to have the suspension reduced, but the appeal was denied. A third positive test, under USF's substance-abuse policy, calls for immediate dismissal.

With only two regular-season games remaining, Watson's dismissal equals the new penalty under the school's substance-abuse policy for a second positive test, a two-game suspension.

Because of his academic standing, it was unknown until late this summer whether Watson, of St. Petersburg Lakewood, would be eligible this season.

Watson, who entered the season on the Outland Trophy watch list, injured his foot in the opener against McNeese State and didn't play the following week against Florida International.

Watson (6-foot-5, 285 pounds) started USF's past seven games and had 15 career starts.

Chambers returned from his six-game suspension against North Carolina, but was relegated to mainly special teams. He fractured his left hand in his second game back, at Cincinnati, and finished with three catches for 28 yards this season.

Last year Chambers started 11 games at receiver and was the Big East's leading punt returner.

In August, while waiting to learn if his appeal was successful, Chambers told the Tribune he regretted letting the team down.

"Everybody on the team knows what I'm going through with the death of my grandmother and auntie and my family situation," Chambers told the Tribune. "They're motivating me to keep pushing. They realize I wasn't out there going wild or anything like that.

"I made a mistake. I'm just a human being. Everybody makes mistakes. I'm hurt I let my team down. I let my coaches down. I just have a lot of things I have to do right."

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

This sucks... Jim should've waited until after the season to discipline them. They did not make the police blotter... so what can be so bad that he would need to kick a future NFL lineman off the team. He just cost Thed big time money. No one got shot... no one is dead... run them until they puke every morning. But don't give up on them. This will cost us dearly against the 'Ville.

Not what I expect to hear from The Sheriff.

Really? The only thing not Sheriff like about that post is that it made no mention of ******* the bitches, driving a bad ass car or making some mad money. Oh wait, the Thed money reference was there . . . . .

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This sucks... Jim should've waited until after the season to discipline them. They did not make the police blotter... so what can be so bad that he would need to kick a future NFL lineman off the team. He just cost Thed big time money. No one got shot... no one is dead... run them until they puke every morning. But don't give up on them. This will cost us dearly against the 'Ville.

Not what I expect to hear from The Sheriff.

Really? The only thing not Sheriff like about that post is that it made no mention of ******* the bitches, driving a bad ass car or making some mad money. Oh wait, the Thed money reference was there . . . . .

I was thinking the same thing.

BTW Sheriff, CJL didn't cost Thed money (I'm not so sure he's NFL caliber anyway), Thed cost him the money.  I know you sometimes have a problem with personal responsibility, but I'm sure it was bad enough in CJL's eyes to warrant the dismissal or he wouldn't have done it.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

it's sad....these kids have a golden opportunity IMO for a free education and to play BCS football...

Hope they get their lives straightened out....