• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lee Corso is a tool

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

he just said no Big East team should play for the National Title.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

Did he mean ever?   or just this year?    If it's the latter, I don't necessarily disagree.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He meant this year. Corso is a HUGE BE supporter, so lets not lay on him. When the ACC raided the old BE he was one of the 1st to come out to say the BE had quality teams and deserve to remain a major BCS confernce. He has defended WVU and Louisville several times.

I don't think his statement was said out of spite.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

His point that the two best teams in the BE have lost is accurate.  Rutgers will not get enough points in the BCS system to play in the NC game.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

^ it's a shortcoming of div I college football

If RU goes undefeated and beats WVU & L'Ville they will still not make it because they started out unranked. If they had started out in the top 15 or 20 they would have moved up enough through the season

Is WVU's schedule much different than RU? No, but WVU finished great last season and they were high in the rankings all season. Had they won out they would in NC game.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

I saw the same rant on PTI.  It just infuriated me.  I never really thought much of him in the past, but now I have very little respect for his opinion.  

It's not that I disagree with him.  It's the manner in which he made his point that angered me.  It almost appeared that he was being paid by the SEC.  What made it worse was that neither of the hosts defended the Big East.  

He stated that no Big East team deserved the a shot at the NC even if UL was undefeated. His point was that the Big East has not beaten anyone of consequence, only Maryland OOC.  He completely belittled the very impressive BE's OOC record, by stating that the teams that were beaten had an avreage of a 4-7 record.  I would really like to see OOC records for the other conferences and their average records.

This arguement is exactly what's wrong with the system.  Bring on the ployoffs.  I'm sure I probably won't see it in my lifetime. ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I wouldn't be so fast to shut down Rutgers.  They will get the computer votes (Sagarin has them #3 in his BCS formula) and just might get enough of the human votes - nobody knows until Monday.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I wouldn't be so fast to shut down Rutgers.  They will get the computer votes (Sagarin has them #3 in his BCS formula) and just might get enough of the human votes - nobody knows until Monday.

especially after today. florida proved they don't deserve it (again). auburn lost and so did cal. I wonder if the tool corso will argue that a 2 loss SEC team deserves it over an unbeaten BE team?

after all a 1 loss SEC team lost to a 4 loss SEC team that must mean the conference is good. right?

maybe it's just mediocre!

florida better drop like a stone after the stellar showing today.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah, the play of several one loss teams today really changes the landscape.  However, I think that Texas will win out and likely end up with the number 2 spot in the final BCS rankings.  I'd love to see Rutgers beat WVU and fight for that spot, though.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

I think USC now has the best shot at No.2 , but they will have to beat an angry Cal team and ND.