• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cape Coral RB commits to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Now I know Jim Leavitt has neither the time nor the curiosity to read a blog like this -- after all, this is the man who proudly states that he's never turned on the Internet -- but if he did, or if somehow he got a printout from somebody daring enough to venture online with a game looming less than three days away, I think he'd appreciate how well he's been able to keep his recruiting commitments under the radar this fall. Very hush-hush, for the most part. And that's just the ones we know about.

In a paragraph or so, I'll unveil what is the third USF oral commitment unearthed in the last four days, but none of the three kids actually committed this week. One of the commitments was a full month old, but we just caught onto it. Leavitt likes controlling information, so I'm sure he likes this. And we, as journalists, like a good challenge, so it's fun for everyone.

The latest to join USF's 2007 recruiting class is Rickey Anderson Jr., a 6-foot, 195-pound running back from Cape Coral, giving the Bulls a player from that program three years in a row (following Taurus Johnson and Nate Allen). The first thing recruitniks want to know about a recruit is what other offers he had -- it's a fair testament to how he's valued nationally -- and I'll give USF credit for doing their own homework and trusting their own judgments this fall. Other schools will wait until a kid has a half-dozen BCS offers before getting in on the fun, but much of USF's recent haul have been lesser-known kids that USF -- and sometimes USF alone -- sees real promise in.

Read more

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

I talked to the Cape Coral coach at last year's spring game. Class act all the way.  I asked him about possible prospects for this year and Anderson is who he mentioned.  I like the pipeline we are starting with Cape Coral and all of these recruits from that school are not only athletes, but great kids.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Lots of talent down this way in Ft. Myers/Cape Coral/Naples.

Ricky Anderson, Quenton Washington and a couple more hopefully.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

That's how we do in SW FL!  I'm from that area and we used to play Cape Coral and Ft Meyers.  They we always loaded with speed.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Lots of talent down this way in Ft. Myers/Cape Coral/Naples.

Ricky Anderson, Quenton Washington and a couple more hopefully.

Like Noel Devine. Q's teammate.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

dont forget the greatest bull of all time is from that area....Ant Henry from Estero High