• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt's Strong tells Shoop and crew he's #1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

what an idiot.

his team is getting it handed to them all day long and he does something like this.

CLASSLESS

Guest AstroBull

Shoop was probably telling him that the jerseys sucked and that they should go back to the old blue and yellow cursive Pitt

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Shoop was probably telling him that the jerseys sucked and that they should go back to the old blue and yellow cursive Pitt

No Astro, he told them their helmets were the wrong shade of gold.   :)

Guest BasketBull.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9779037

Pitt coach suspends player following touchdown celebration  

Nov. 4, 2006

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -Pittsburgh coach Dave Wannstedt suspended tight end Darrell Strong indefinitely Saturday after a touchdown celebration in he appeared to make an obscene gesture to the crowd during a 22-12 loss to South Florida.

Strong was penalized for celebrating excessively when he approached the stands beyond the end zone after catching a 19-yard TD pass from Tyler Palko with 6:22 remaining in the fourth quarter.

"Our football program and university have very high standards and we will not tolerate the behavior Darrell Strong displayed today," Wannstedt said in a statement released by the school. "Darrell told me he regrets his actions but he must also be accountable. As a result, I am suspending him indefinitely."

Strong apologized to South Florida and his teammates in a separate statement released by the school.

"I know my behavior hurt my team and embarrassed my university," he said. "That's not what being a Pitt football player is about and I want everyone to know I am truly sorry."

The 15-yard penalty was costly because Pitt, needing a 2-point conversion to cut its deficit to eight, had to start the extra-point play from the 18-yard line instead of the South Florida 3.

On the conversion try, Palko threw an incompletion.

"I'm disappointed in how we played today, but I won't be embarrassed," Wannstedt said. "I won't have our university be embarrassed."

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Glad enforcement was swift and strong *cough* unlike others we know *cough*.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9779037

Pitt coach suspends player following touchdown celebration  

Nov. 4, 2006

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -Pittsburgh coach Dave Wannstedt suspended tight end Darrell Strong indefinitely Saturday after a touchdown celebration in he appeared to make an obscene gesture to the crowd during a 22-12 loss to South Florida.

Strong was penalized for celebrating excessively when he approached the stands beyond the end zone after catching a 19-yard TD pass from Tyler Palko with 6:22 remaining in the fourth quarter.

"Our football program and university have very high standards and we will not tolerate the behavior Darrell Strong displayed today," Wannstedt said in a statement released by the school. "Darrell told me he regrets his actions but he must also be accountable. As a result, I am suspending him indefinitely."

Strong apologized to South Florida and his teammates in a separate statement released by the school.

"I know my behavior hurt my team and embarrassed my university," he said. "That's not what being a Pitt football player is about and I want everyone to know I am truly sorry."

The 15-yard penalty was costly because Pitt, needing a 2-point conversion to cut its deficit to eight, had to start the extra-point play from the 18-yard line instead of the South Florida 3.

On the conversion try, Palko threw an incompletion.

"I'm disappointed in how we played today, but I won't be embarrassed," Wannstedt said. "I won't have our university be embarrassed."

That's funny, Wanny was trying his best to convince the ref he was just flashing the #1 sign ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

I was really surprised they showed that on the replay screens in RJS

It may be classless, but as a general rule, I've seen fans do much worse than that the entire game. food for thought.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

fans dont directly represent their universities (thank goodness for that)