• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how far will wv

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Thank you sir may i have another......

Actually i would vote them in at 9....

But hey why not attack me some more its good family entertainmet.....

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

alright.  I only need 3 threads to do it, too.  =)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

alright.  I only need 3 threads to do it, too.  =)

Gosh you inefficient  ;)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think LSU will beat Tennessee, so I'll predict WVU drops to 8th.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

i think they drop to around 5th, i mean its not like they lost to an unranked team or a team in the bottom 25, they lost to the #5 team in the country.  they will not drop much

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

5th is a little optimistic, look how far Florida fell from 2nd to 9th losing to Auburn, and Auburn was still a top 10 team at the time.

I agree with Apis, it will depend on whether Tennessee wins or not, I think 8-9

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

LOUISVILLE  Take a bow, Louisville. Now, prepare to be disbelieved.

It was the greatest night in the long and proud history of the new Big East, which is about a month. A brace of top-5 teams. Opera music from Carmina Burana just before the home team took the field. Nearly all the fans wearing black  Papa John's Cardinal Stadium looked like a judges' convention.

Since when does Louisville get this animated over a sports event in which the winner does not have hooves?

And in the end, a track meet of a football game, with four lead changes and 78 points and 1,008 yards and Louisville winning 44-34. And did we mention the six Mountaineer fumbles, three of them lost, one returned for a touchdown?

That means the Cardinals are 8-0, which means they have a chance to be 12-0. That should be good enough to play for the national championship, but maybe not. Soon to be the crux of the BCS matter.

"It showed we're for real," center Eric Wood said. "And we're here to stay."

Surely, the Cardinals know what's coming now, from every time zone. Florida, Auburn, USC, Texas, Notre Dame and all the other one-loss wannabes. There'll be more negative campaigning than a U.S. Senate race.

Some will grumble that you could count all the currently ranked teams Louisville has played on one hand and have four fingers left to hold the popcorn. Bashing Big East football is old sport, but the stakes have suddenly grown. They're not talking about the Peach Bowl.

And there's one conspicuous deed undone for the Cardinals. Six words that nobody  not even the most ardent Big Eastonians  would have expected to be important.

They still have to beat Rutgers.

So let's say they do on Nov. 9. They will have defeated a 7-0 team followed by an 8-0 team, which is pretty heavy lifting for one November. Should that not be enough?

"We can't control that," quarterback Brian Brohm said, "and we can't worry about that."

"There shouldn't be any question," Wood said.

"People want to yell and scream about their one-loss team, let them scream," Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese said. "But I just don't think it's going to affect anybody. I just think it's almost protectionist."

But it'll come, gale force. Thursday was a contest between two unbeaten teams. The BCS may end up a referendum on the Big East itself.

In a way, the conference is the Detroit Tigers of college football. Three years ago dead and buried  as Miami, Virginia Tech and Boston College asked for a divorce, packed and moved in with the ACC. And now, prime time. Thursday nights, anyway.

The entertainment value was high Thursday night, if not always the execution. It would have been nice had West Virginia not handled the football as if it were a live hand grenade (Steve Slaton's arm going numb from a hit on a nerve didn't help). Or had either team showed more steel on defense.

For their efforts, the Cardinals will probably be No. 3 in the next polls ... and Public Enemy No. 1 in the SEC, where many of the one-loss teams grumble about strength of schedule.

So in the end, what if the math does them in? And the BCS formula decides that Big East perfection is not good enough?

"We just need to worry about Rutgers," coach Bobby Petrino said. "Then everything else will play out."

"If we win all our games," running back Kolby Smith said "There's no way they should leave us out."

Clearly the world has changed, when the two most important remaining games in the regular season are Michigan-Ohio State ... and Louisville-Rutgers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

i think they drop to around 5th, i mean its not like they lost to an unranked team or a team in the bottom 25, they lost to the #5 team in the country.  they will not drop much

5? No way in hell. Andy if they stay in the top 5 I will buy you a berr at the basketball game.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

No chance they fall by a little. Everyone has been waiting for a "beast of the east" to lose so the 'real' big east will be shown for what it is. they'll push WVU lower than Rutgers somewhere in the 12-14 range.

UL goes to 4th in the BCS.