• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

gimmick spread offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  0

WHAT???

West Virginia racked up over 500 yards of offense last night.  Their offensive system was not the problem.  It was turnovers and a defense that could not keep the Cardinals out of the end zone.  WVU runs a spread and it works for them.  There are many different offenses that work in this game.  Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't work.  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Until I see some one in the NFL use and win (i.e. win SuperBowl ) with the spread, I am not convinced that the spread is good offense.

Give me the old reliable pro set any day.

Atlanta and New England use a form of the Spread, while it's not exclusively out of the shotgun, the idea of the spread is to merely spread the ball to several different players on the field (by spreading the field out)

In fact Belichick spent a week in Gainesville this summer studying the spread run my Urban Meyer.

While I'm not a fan, it can be an extremely effective offense when run correctly. I agree give me the Pro Set anyday, but I don't think it would suit our personel here.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

*sigh*  I only need to look at last year to come up with an example of 2 teams that had unstoppable offenses and mediocre defenses that both went undefeated and had so many people claiming that 1 of them was the best team ever before they lost the championship game.

defense helps you win championships.  OH WOW!  I didn't know that!  I bet scoring more than the other team helps too.

texas was loaded  4 and5 star athletes

bad example

the blanket was pulled from wv last night

what a silly offense!

WHAT???

West Virginia racked up over 500 yards of offense last night.  Their offensive system was not the problem.  It was turnovers and a defense that could not keep the Cardinals out of the end zone.  WVU runs a spread and it works for them.  There are many different offenses that work in this game.  Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't work.  

correct

spread offense is conducive to turning ball over

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

WHAT???

The stats don't lie. WVU moved the ball effectively because they executed their offense, in spite of having a QB that doesn't throw the ball very well. Lakeland, you hit the nail on the head, by saying that turnovers did the Mountaineers in. Smazz, I completely disagree with you because a Spread Offense is not conducive to turnovers, like you stated, an opportunistic Louisville defense, however, IS conducive to producing turnovers.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

My view on the game is that the better team won and last night was good for the Big East.  Lousiville's offense and defense appear better suited for challenging an Ohio State or Michigan than WVU.  I think Lousiville has a good chance of winning out.  They are very balanced, their D is good, and they have the depth to play 60 minutes with top teams.  I am impressed.  

That Freshman RB is a beast.  How the hell did USF let a Tampa Jesuit kid get away?  Maybe if Sorivino at least got a shot when Julmiste obviously sucked last season, he could not have been worse that ranked 110th in country.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  81

Not sure how the spread offense caused the 3 WVU fumbles.  The first was by the FB Schmitt in a conventional set.  The other two were by Slaton when he clearly had the ball.  It wasn't as if it was on read option exchanges.  He was carrying the ball as a RB just like he would if the QB was under center or had three tight ends in the game.  I guess I just watched a different game.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I wonder if those Nike sleeves, along with the cold weather, had anything to do with the fumbles.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

unless it's the QB-RB exchange, no offense promotes fumbling.  

My view on the game is that the better team won and last night was good for the Big East.  Lousiville's offense and defense appear better suited for challenging an Ohio State or Michigan than WVU.  I think Lousiville has a good chance of winning out.  They are very balanced, their D is good, and they have the depth to play 60 minutes with top teams.  I am impressed.  

That Freshman RB is a beast.  How the hell did USF let a Tampa Jesuit kid get away?  Maybe if Sorivino at least got a shot when Julmiste obviously sucked last season, he could not have been worse that ranked 110th in country.

louisville has outrecruited usf in florida for years

i have been saying this for years

it is common  knowledge in the business

the smart alects want me to go thru each roster and show them the proof.

I SAY LOOK AT THE TEAMS ON THE FIELD AND THEIR PERFORMANCE FOR PROOF

HOW USF IS LOSING LOCAL KIDS TO UL,PITT,RU AND WV  IS SICKENING.USF HAS NOT YET STOPPED THE BLEEDING.