• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Questions for USF fans

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Why do you follow USF athletics (whichever USF sports that you follow)?

As a fan, what's your source of enjoyment from USF athletics (what makes you happy)?

Do you take pleasure in dumping on USF athletics?

What's your ultimate dream for USF athletics (or whichever USF sport(s) that you like)?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez

As a fan, what's your source of enjoyment from USF athletics (what makes you happy)?

What's your ultimate dream for USF athletics (or whichever USF sport(s) that you like)?

1) I follow USF athletics since it's the university both my wife and I attended.

2) It makes me happiest when we win MEANINGFUL games, and when I see our university getting national attention.

3) I don't take pleasure in dumping on USF athletics.  I'd much rather win.  Like several others, though, I do find it necessary to approach discussions from a REALISTIC point of view instead of just naively ignoring the problems and shortfalls of our prorgrams.

4) My ultimate dreams are winning the Big East in football and finally making it back to the NCAA Tournament in men's basketball.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

I grew up, as did a lot of us Floridians, watching another universities football team.  In fact, I went to another university before actually graduating from USF.  I never really followed basketball so to me, USF was just for academics.  When they got a football team, I fell in love with the school and now give my undying allegiance to USF.  I am able to watch college football in my back yard.  How much better can that get?

Improvement.  Winning obviously, but anytime I see any improvement, whether it be an upgrade to a facility or a team, that is what makes me happy.  

Dumping, no.  Venting, yes.  

My ultimate dream for USF athletics is for them (every USF team) to be talked about and how many National Championships they have won in the BE.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Well, I'm a senior.  My freshman year I pretty much didn't care much for football or sports in general.  I went to the first game because my room mates were going to go.  I got trashed tailgaiting, and now have only missed 2 home games in almost four seasons of football and have gone to 3 away games.  I've been to every home basketball game the last two years, and frequent soccor matched.

I'm not really sure why, but the whole USF athletics thing grew on me.  No, I hate dumping on USF sports (but love to rag on my FSU and UF friends when FSU and UF lose.)

THe ultimate football dream is the ational Tittle, but I'd be extremely satisfied with a BCS game in the next two years (not this year, butit would be nice too (I just think we're out of it already))

I'd aslo like to see the Men's basketball team make a glory run in the NCAA tournament  or the bigeast tourny even (they are about the same these days.)

And soccor, well I'd think we should have done better this year, but another run in the NCAA tournament would be nice.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like it's 4 question monday!!

Because I go to USF and I absolutely love sports!!  I have only missed 1 game in 4 years thanks to Busch Gardens working my ass late.  I go to all basketball games and tend to go to a good amount of women's bball.  I do pay attention to baseball but haven't gone to many and I've been to a few soccer games.

I like any fan, am happy when the teams wins.  But something else is the fact that we're so young in everything and that we're in a major conference.

Hell no! I actually get really pissed off when other people talk ****, especially when they don't know what they're talking about.

Like Brian said, to make a run in the NCAA tourny, same for the womens team.  Having a NC with football would kick serious ass, I want the NC before everything else...or hell, all in one year.  :)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Im a student and you better bullieve im gunna supports the institution where my $$ goes

Watching us build for the future to one day become a national power and being there from almost the beginning to build something special.

Some here prolly would say some of my analysis is "dumping" but i just see it as realistic.  The best way to improve on something is to look at it as realisicaly as possible and not let your love for it cause you to ignore problems.  Gotta recognize your weaknesses before you improve them. Even with that said i dont take pleasure in pointing out faults i wish i didnt have to but im not ignoring any 800lb gorillas either.    

To become a multisport power and win conference titles and even national titles multiple sports.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Graduated from there and grew up in Tampa

Winning  

I don't dump on USF athletics

Championships, national recognition.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This is OT but bear with me.  After reading a couple of responses about the, "dumping on" USF question, it made me realize a couple of things:

1.  The ones who most would consider negative state that they are realistic

2.  The ones considered positive don't make such a statement

It also occurred to me that it isn't so much what the, "negative/realistic" ones say, but how they say it.

It's one thing to say, "I don't think our offensive line has played well" vs., "Our o-line sucks"

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is OT but bear with me.  After reading a couple of responses about the, "dumping on" USF question, it made me realize a couple of things:

1.  The ones who most would consider negative state that they are realistic

2.  The ones considered positive don't make such a statement

It also occurred to me that it isn't so much what the, "negative/realistic" ones say, but how they say it.

It's one thing to say, "I don't think our offensive line has played well" vs., "Our o-line sucks"

Im pretty sure i have never used sucks in an analysis or anything like that and i still get called negative.  We have VERY vocal groups on both exremes about this team that seem to get the most attention on here i try to keep myself in the middle but the "green and gold goggle wearers, kool aid drinkers" etc still lump me with the neagatives.  Its all good though i was never the cool kid in school anyways  ;)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

[highlight]Alum[/highlight]

[highlight]Meaningful wins[/highlight]

[highlight]Never have, never will[/highlight]

[highlight]Bulls winning a BCS game (hopefully, one day THE game) & doing well in the NCAA tourney.[/highlight]