• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Questions for USF fans

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

As far as the dumping on USF and positive vs "realistic"

IMO there are the "always positive no matter what" crowd and the "always negative no matter what crowd" and frankly neither one brings much to the table as far as meaningful conversation goes. I mean if I really am curious about the state of the team how much more do I get out of the person who keeps saying we'll go undefeated and thinks every player is a heisman candidate then I do from the person who thinks we will lose every game and all players wouldn't succeed in pee wee football? I do believe that there is a "realistic" group that not only has the ability to recognize and discuss the great things our team has done BUT can also recognize and discuss the weaknesses (or plain old crappy) aspects of the team. Also, you won't get the always positive group calling themselves realistic since 1) they know they aren't realistic and 2) they don't have to make comments to defend themselves from the always positive group who claim anyone making a negative comment isn't a "true" fan. I think it's pretty easy after reading the board for even a short period of time who falls into which camp so for me I just tune out both extremes and try to get the most out of those I believe fall into the realistic and knowledgable group.

Of course I have to admit to a guilty pleasure of reading the bickering that always takes place between the two extreme groups that would rather jump off a cliff than admit someone from the other camp may have a point ;D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

Why do you follow USF athletics (whichever USF sports that you follow)?

Son's a student and my money goes there!

As a fan, what's your source of enjoyment from USF athletics (what makes you happy)?  

Improvement from ALL teams!

Do you take pleasure in dumping on USF athletics?

I never dump on them!

What's your ultimate dream for USF athletics (or whichever USF sport(s) that you like)?

All teams making top ten!