• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What will be our record?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not 100% sure, but I think we'll beat Pitt and Cuse.  It's also a good possibility that we'll only beat Cuse, and even not win any more.  So, I'm hoping for Pitt, Cuse, and a bowl win (I'm hoping we play a bad team).

You said it first and I agree.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

where is 6-7?

I'm under the impression that to go to a bowl you have to win 6 games and have a winning record and seeing as 6 - 6 is not a winning record 6-6 wont get us to a bowl.  Even if 6-6 is good enough to be eligable for a bowl do you people seriously think we'd get to a bowl at 6-6.  If you do, you are just wrong.  Anyways, Go Bulls!!

i'm really tired of people saying this when they dont have a clue what they are talking about.  6 wins gets you in, and there is a great chance we would go to a bowl game at 6-6.

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1161647695 explains the posibilities.

This is from the Men's Football Championships/Postseason Handbooks:

Bowl Game Invitations

A bowl game must serve the purpose of providing a national contest between

deserving winning teams. The competing institutions shall be active members of the

Association, and a member institution shall not participate in more than one such game

during any academic year.

Deserving Winning Team

A deserving winning team is defined as one that wins a minimum of six games

against Division I-A competition and has a record that includes more wins than losses.

[Exception: Each year, a Division I-A institution may count a victory against a Division

I-AA opponent that has averaged 90 percent of the permissible maximum number of

grants-in-aid per year in Division I-AA football over a rolling two-year period. Only a

conference champion may seek a waiver of these requirements.

Division I-A contests played in Hawaii are exempt from NCAA legislation limiting

a season to 11 games, but this competition does count in the six-win requirement. An

institution that participates in an exempt contest, however, must have more wins than

losses against Division I-A opponents to be eligible to participate in a bowl game, even

if it meets the six-win requirement.

This is from last years handbook, but it's the latest thing they have posted.

Here's the site: http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4j3CQXJgFjGpvqRqCKO6AI-YRARXwN9X4_83FR9b_0A_YLc0NCIckdFALOxkFY!/delta/base64xml/L3dJdyEvUUd3QndNQSEvNElVRS82XzBfTFU!?CONTENT_URL=http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/media_and_events/ncaa_publications/championship_handbooks/fall/football/mens/index.html

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  274

I'm believing in atleast one more win; hoping for two more victories and praying for three more.

anything else is pure gravy!!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

that was b4 we had 12 games. 6 wins still makes you bowl eligable. We need some help at 6-6 but it looks likely to happen. GO ND.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

8-5  We will beat both Pitt and Syracuse and beat a CUSA team in the Birmingham Bowl

Call me optimistic, but I think it'll happen.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

where is 6-7?

I'm under the impression that to go to a bowl you have to win 6 games and have a winning record and seeing as 6 - 6 is not a winning record 6-6 wont get us to a bowl.  Even if 6-6 is good enough to be eligable for a bowl do you people seriously think we'd get to a bowl at 6-6.  If you do, you are just wrong.  Anyways, Go Bulls!!

i'm really tired of people saying this when they dont have a clue what they are talking about.  6 wins gets you in, and there is a great chance we would go to a bowl game at 6-6.

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1161647695 explains the posibilities.

This is from the Men's Football Championships/Postseason Handbooks:

This is from last years handbook, but it's the latest thing they have posted.

there was already a thread about this.  that was last year's handbook, before every team had to play a required 12 games.  6 wins gets you bowl eligible no matter what now

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I see no hope against Lville or WVU. I hope to be wrong but I have not seen enough again this team to justify more faith.

I know these two teams are tough but UL came in here ranked 9th last year and we spanked them.  I think we match up well against the Cards and even though we play them at Papa John's this year, I still think we can beat them.  

WVU is another story.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ul's offensive line of 300+ hogs will push usf up and down the field

it will be embarassing

usf will once again see how small their dline is

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

ul's offensive line of 300+ hogs will push usf up and down the field

it will be embarassing

usf will once again see how small their dline is

did their o-line get better since last year?