• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

other than rod smith,if you could make one

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

If I could have a coaching hire, it would be some kind of quality control/game decision management position. That way we would have someone to call it out if we are lining up in an illegal formation before the refs....and to shoot down wacky ideas like fake punts inside your own 30.  ::)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Replace RMC with Bob Huggins when Huggins was looking for a job. Looks like someone stirred up the pot.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I believe Franks would focus more on the run, I also believe he was in charge of Offense when Spurrier was at DUKE I remember enjoying that team and its many formations and ingenuity..  I hate Steve S. but the man knows his offense!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Replace RMC with Bob Huggins when Huggins was looking for a job. Looks like someone stirred up the pot.

I'm actually going to have to agree.  I'm not sure that RMC has what it takes.  Huggins has proved himself although he's an alcoholic.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

rmc is a lame duck

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

I'm all for Huggins.  I could care less if he is an alcoholic, he wins.  He is a grown man and if he wants to drink that should be up to him.  As long as he is not drunk on the job, let him knock himself out.

I am so sick of treating college students like they are children.  These are adults we are talking about.  It is not the coaches job to teach a kid to be a good responsible person, it is the parents job. I got news for those who think it is the coaches job, if they are not good people by this time, it ain't gonna happen.   A basketball coach is hired to teach basketball and win.  Really sick of the paternal attitude that exists in college athletics.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf should have zero tolerance for driving and drinking

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

Do most businesses fire every employee that gets a DUI?  How about how many USF professors have had trouble with DUI?  How about if that standard was applied to all jobs, even after completing your punishment?  

If the person has been through the legal system and successfully completed their punishment, shouldn't they be allowed to work again?  By your standard, some people should never be allowed to work again in the their professions.  

What I find funny is that typically the same people with not tolerance attitudes get nailed doing something illegal they all of a suddden want me to use every trick in the book to get them acquitted or the charges dismissed.  It's like bankruptcy is only for losers, until you are in an accident or sued and about to lose everything then its just fine.  

Huggins should be hired as the coach because he is the most competent person available, period.