• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what position on football team is in most need

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

"Quit bringing in dead beats like Amp Hill (we should have atleast gone to OT with Rutgers, thanks Amp) & bring in more producers like Andre Hall "psoted by jerwbull

AMEN!

USF NEEDS PRODUCTION.WE NEED GUYS THAT EXPECT TO GET 6-8 CATCHES A GAME.USF NEEDS  consistent playmakers

usf seems to have plenty of great practice players.usf needs more game playmakers

DOES  amp hill  even average 1 catch a game?

usf needs to upgrade wr with a great qb like grothe.NO MORE DROPED PASSES!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Bien will back the present coaching staff no matter what happens.  I have been through this several times with him on coaching decision and players on the field performance.  Amp has been a huge disappointment on the field.

I'm sorry but at the BCS level, on-field performance has to count more than whether you'd want your daughter to date him.  Loyalty to "good" kids has cost this program in the past.  That and silly punushments that are 3 times harsher than other BCS teams.  At this level the best should play and USF should punish at the same level as other BCS games, period.  THere is too much money and too many people's careers at stake to not field the best team at every possibility.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Only if I can vote for this as the biggest piece of crap ever made:

Gallery1-1.jpg

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260

I can't possibly be the only one who thinks the biggest need would be RB. Not blaming the kids that are in there, but Andre Hall carried the offense on his back for much of last year all the way to a bowl game. I think we really felt his loss to begin the year as we were searching for an offensive identity. No disrespect to Ponton who may turn out to be a heck of a player, but to have a back with Andre hall's skill set and consistency would do wonders. Combine that sort of back with what we have in Grothe, and all of the sudden the entire offense looks scary to any defense we go up against.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

D-line.  I still think defense wins championships (i've been a bucs fan too long).  Our offense would benefit from our defense getting off the field on third downs.  The way you do that is to get to the quarterback.  We have been terrible in that department this year.  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

A very good RB would do wonders for this team.  You can never have enough good RBs.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

It starts up front.  A five-star RB would be great, but if you don't have the push up front, that five-star RB better be Barry Sanders in his prime.  Or maybe just Barry at his current state.

DTs would be my number two target.  Probably one of the toughest positions to recruit.  There are not a lot of big, agile, and smart high schoold DTs in the country.  And the ones that are available are usually gobbled up by top 25 programs.  The rest have one dificiency or another, whether it's the size, techniques, or football intelligence.  But a good program can develop (both physically and mentally) and hope the kid will be ready by the 2nd or 3rd year.  RBs, Corners, QBs are much easier to bring in and have them play right away even if they look a little raw, IMO.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I can't possibly be the only one who thinks the biggest need would be RB. Not blaming the kids that are in there, but Andre Hall carried the offense on his back for much of last year all the way to a bowl game. I think we really felt his loss to begin the year as we were searching for an offensive identity. No disrespect to Ponton who may turn out to be a heck of a player, but to have a back with Andre hall's skill set and consistency would do wonders. Combine that sort of back with what we have in Grothe, and all of the sudden the entire offense looks scary to any defense we go up against.

Ponton averaged 5 ypc and had 383 yards as a freshmen BACKUP to Hall.  He has the skills.  Coaches need to just give hime the ball.  What we really need is some help in the kicking game (hopefully the kids come around) and guys on the DL and OL that will not get blown off the ball.  

Yes, our defense is nice, but you can run on them all day (see UCF, Rutgers, Cincinatti).  That is because running backs get 3 to 5 yards before being touched.  Our OL does not create any holes.  It is a miracle (our bad defenses) that running backs have had 100 yard games this year.

On RB to back up Ricky next year would be nice!

The list (OL, DL, Kickers that have grown up, 1 more scholarship RB).