• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who do the Bulls beat to become Bowl eligible

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Cincy was the game I believed would make them eligible. I thought it would be tough but the Bulls were just outclassed in all aspects of the game, most importantly coaching.

Pitt could take the pressure off of the Cuse game. They seem to be the better team at this point but home field could do a lot to help USF, hopefully the Bulls win this and then the Cuse game to finish 7-5.

Syracuse will prove to be the game that matters most in the end. I think the Bulls will win but again will not be surprised if the pressure gets to the coaching staff and the players and we see a repeat of the Cincy game.

Lville seems to have the Bulls in the heads and play their worst game of the year against them. Lets hope for a repeat but I see Lville playing in a BCS bowl. Would love to be able to recruit and replace players like Lville in the future because no team in the country has faced the amount of injuries to key players as Lville and they just keep on winning.

WVU will win out and also play in a BCS bowl game.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

I say we beat Pitt and 'Cuse....we have everything it takes to play with Pitt, I really think we do.  We just need to get our heads on straight.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i wanna say pitt, but our record vs them since the 2001 win is 0-2, and at least one of those games was at home at 11 am

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

i wanna say pitt, but our record vs them since the 2001 win is 0-2, and at least one of those games was at home at 11 am

Don't remind me... there was no one at the game.  

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I thought we would beat Pitt, but I also thought we would beat Cincy.  Serves me right for being optimistic when the trends said otherwise (yes, playing horribly on the road against decent teams IS INDEED a trend with this program).

So, now I'm guessing that we'll lose to Pitt and it will all come down to Syracuse for bowl eligbility.  And they're not the automatic "W" they were last year.

But, even if we beat them for our sixth win and finish 6-6, I do not believe we will be in a bowl.  And if we are at 6-6, that's just further proof there are too many bowl games.

I'm thinking about sponsoring a bowl game.....The Mid-South-Bull Bowl, played in my back yard.  We could always use another one......or eight.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,470
  • Days Won:  43

It would be nice to see 6 BIG EAST teams in a bowl this season. I hope USF is one of those teams even if we are 6-6. I still see this as the year that we are building to make some serious noise in the next few seasons. The extra practice from making a bowl game will help.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Lets make it easy and just beat Pitt.  Can you say BLITZ !  WV did it to Palko and team and worked great in the first half and then they just ground it out in the second half.  Tough tough game.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Lets make it easy and just beat Pitt.  [highlight]Can you say BLITZ ![/highlight]  WV did it to Palko and team and worked great in the first half and then they just ground it out in the second half.  Tough tough game.

Well, I think most of us can say, "Blitz," but I honestly do not believe in Coach Burnham's vocabulary.  He prefers to sit his DB's and LB's back in coverage and let good and yes, even average QB's pick us apart (see Barmann, Kansas QB).