• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls get a WR verbal...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

His coach told me he's "practically 6-2," which to me is like being almost 21 years old. You either are or you aren't. I would not be shocked if he's 6-2 by signing day, if not taller by fall practice ... :)

Greg it's better then being listed at 6-1 and closer to 5-11.  I know many players not only with USF, they always joke about their height and weights during their playing days- the hoops guys are even funnier.  How many 6-4 guys that are listed as 6-6, or 6-8 and they're 6-10- in hoops you can almost go across the roster and knock two inches off the player's listed height to know his actual.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he runs a 4.4, the DB in the first clip runs a 4.3 He was getting ran down, but a reciever slowed down the DB enough to get him the extra 5 yards he needed.

From the highlight reel he looks good. Let's hope he stays on board.

whatever, game tapes like those that look like they were recorded from a satellite are hard to gauge.  I like guys with legit track speed, but that can also take it onto the football field in cleats and pads.  This kid appears to have that ability.

Justin King (PSU considered him one of their fastest recruit's ever) was run down by Mike Jenkins.  Does that make Justin slow, or Mike fast.......that's the quandary.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

His coach told me he's "practically 6-2," which to me is like being almost 21 years old. You either are or you aren't. I would not be shocked if he's 6-2 by signing day, if not taller by fall practice ... :)

not to get technical here, but i've looked at a doctor's growth chart before and most people stop growing at about 17.  but i suppose there are always exceptions, heh.  either way steve smith isnt exactly tall so i'm not sure it matters.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

not to get technical here, but i've looked at a doctor's growth chart before and most people stop growing at about 17.  but i suppose there are always exceptions, heh.  either way steve smith isnt exactly tall so i'm not sure it matters.

I grew 3" from the time I graduated high school (6'-0")to the time I got out of the Navy (6'-3"), 3 1/2 years later.

Guest r_to_the_izzo
If he runs a 4.4, the DB in the first clip runs a 4.3 He was getting ran down, but a reciever slowed down the DB enough to get him the extra 5 yards he needed.

whatever, game tapes like those that look like they were recorded from a satellite are hard to gauge.  I like guys with legit track speed, but that can also take it onto the football field in cleats and pads.  This kid appears to have that ability.

Justin King (PSU considered him one of their fastest recruit's ever) was run down by Mike Jenkins.  Does that make Justin slow, or Mike fast.......that's the quandary.

I understad all of that. I understand the quality is awful, but from what I saw he wasnt running a 4.4. Then again, i'd rather him not run a 4.4 and have "football speed" like Jerry Rice.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this thread began with the kid getting offers form usf and fiu and it is ending with mentioning kid in same breath as jerry rice

all pretty funny to this big dope

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

"we've got a pretty good OL, and DL that will be 100% returning in 2007 "

MY DEAREST SBIEN

IF USF DOESNT GET BIGGER OLINEMEN AND DT'S NEXT YEAR WILL BE  A LONG YEAR.OUR LINEPLAY IS WEAK.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

It's early in the recruiting process and the kid already has two offers from BCS schools.  Our coaches are familiar with him (saw him up close at the combine).  He's an academic lock.  He looked good on film.  We have a good history of recruiting WR.  This year he's returned 3 kicks for TDs (=athlete).  He committed early and is excited to be a BULL.

How is this even a debate of whether or not we just got a good commit????

I understad all of that. I understand the quality is awful, but from what I saw he wasnt running a 4.4. Then again, i'd rather him not run a 4.4 and have "football speed" like Jerry Rice.

You should work for the coaching staff since you can do something few can do an gauge a kid's speed from some awful video clips.  Amazing.  Throw out that he ran a 4.4 at USF, if you think he's not a 4.4 then that must be law.