• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ok, I am over that Cincy loss!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

If you really look into that game you can see that USF had some bad breaks that really hurt our chances. The fumble by Grothe killed some momentum. The fumble by Taurus gave Cincy that 9-0 lead then the wheels started to come off. I personally would have ran Ponton out of the endzone instead of Ben Williams on that safety because I would rather have the scholarship player take the fall if we dont get out of that endzone. I love walk-ons, but I hate putting them in those big situations when you really dont have to. I would have rather used Grothe to run up the middle to give USF some breathing room. In all, it was a great punt by Cincy to get that on the 1yard line. USF made some bad choices on special teams too that should be correctable this week. The best part is that we have this bye week, so that the team can look at all the mistakes that were made. It is going to bring them back to reality in that they are still young, and they must improve their mistakes before the Pitt game. It took a couple of days for me to get over this loss, but I am understanding that USF is going to be fine. I just hope that everyone is healthy because we cant afford to be losing players. Anyway, I am starting to get pumped up for homecoming against Pitt which is always a good thing. USF fans, never lose faith in this team. Remember that we are building towards the next few years to compete for the BIG EAST championship. This year is the season that we need to make any kind of bowl game and win it. That is my goal for this team. GO BULLS!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

id agree with that assessment.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,836
  • Days Won:  22

We got our asses kicked. It happens. Remember UL last year we kicked their asses and they probably would say we had no right beating them like we did.

We have a team that is not there yet, one that when it plays errorless ball can be deadly but at the same time one that is not consistent enough nor good enough to play a bad game and win vs a 1A opponent.

We will win some we shouldnt  have like Pitt and UL and lose some we shouldnt have like UConn and Army

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

We got our asses kicked. It happens. Remember UL last year we kicked their asses and they probably would say we had no right beating them like we did.

We have a team that is not there yet, one that when it plays errorless ball can be deadly but at the same time one that is not consistent enough nor good enough to play a bad game and win vs a 1A opponent.

We will win some we shouldnt  have like Pitt and UL and lose some we shouldnt have like UConn and Army

Turnaround is fair game, and everyone competes on the field except when you get in discussions on this board.  Imagine what Vtech fans were thinking when they were losing to Cinci to start the 4th quarter.  The humanity!

There are dozens of teams that we beat and then disrespect us, heck we crushed Cinci last year- score was 31-7 with 5 minutes left in the game- but their internet reporter called us 'bottom feeders'.   If you don't respect your program why should anyone else.  Army is the only loss that was humiliating for me from a perspective that the team clearly quit and it was the first time in Jim Leavitt's tenure that he legitimately lost to a program with lesser talent.  Aside from that game there hasn't been one game Jim has lost where the opponent at least didn't have equal talent, if not much greater- some of you are just kidding yourself if you don't believe that fact.   Reality is I don't know many he loses where even the talent is equal- Sunday was one, Uconn last year...both were on the road too, against similarly skilled teams.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i disagree

usf has more talent than cinncy last week

almost every pundit picked cinncy to finish 7 or 8th

and usf had more talent than uconn last year

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
i disagree

usf has more talent than cinncy last week

almost every pundit picked cinncy to finish 7 or 8th

and usf had more talent than uconn last year

Smazz speaks the truth....USF has way more talent than UC.

Anyone can play a good team tough for a qtr or half (See McNeese St & FIU).

Rueb

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,706
  • Days Won:  424

....USF has way more talent than UC.

And you're basing this on what?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

....USF has way more talent than UC.

And you're basing this on what?

No facts that's for sure.  He clearly doesn't have a clue who Grutza was coming out of HS, threw for more yards and ran for as much as Grothe did in HS.   They've got talent, and the parity in the Big East is amazing with Da Cuse playing better there really isn't a homecoming fodder style team in this conference right now.  There is no Rice, or Temple all the teams in this conference are as talented as us or much greater, and everyone have great coaching staff's.  Dantonio for UC was the DC on the national championship OSU team.  Imagine the guy knows a few tricks on how to confuse young QB's, and he pulled out all the stops on Sunday.

What keeps us going is sound coaching, and talent players that have abilities to improve.