• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

why not play gregory

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Better question:

Why didn't we give Alvarado some real game, low presure experience kicking an extra point?  No reason to go for two at that point.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Don't hold me to this, but there is an NCAA rule that says if you put in your 3rd string QB your starting QB is done for the game. Maybe they thought they could get Grothe back in.

That doesn't sound right ???

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Don't hold me to this, but there is an NCAA rule that says if you put in your 3rd string QB your starting QB is done for the game. Maybe they thought they could get Grothe back in.

That doesn't sound right ???

i think thats an NFL rule...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think so too, I wasn't sure if it existed at this level. I do remember Rix having to line up as a WR when Boldin took snaps during games for FSU.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

No, No, No

That is an NFL rule not NCAA

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

I think it's an NFL rule ...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

No, No, No

That is an NFL rule not NCAA

Why is it a rule at all?  What if a QB gets his wind knocked out and the backup goes down?  It would be total horse!@$# if the guy couldn't come back in after getting his wind knocked out.  Probably a 1/100000 chance, but seriously...why should putting in a 3rd string guy be any different than putting in the 2nd?  What if a coach wanted to implement some kinda running QB into his scheme (hard to imagine in the NFL, but there's no reason to make it illegal).

NFL QB's are protected well enough by the officials without obscure, almost never matters types rules like this.  The call on that sack of gradkowski is proof of that.  It was a REALLY iffy call, almost as if the refs called "personal foul, sacking the QB instead of pulling his flag, 15 yard penalty".

The lack of solid or even decent QB's in the NFL is starting to show.  You don't see them making rules to protect receivers on crossing routes.  These ridiculous rules must be to keep what few quality QB's there are left in the league longer....

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37

Why is it a rule at all?  What if a QB gets his wind knocked out and the backup goes down?  It would be total horse!@$# if the guy couldn't come back in after getting his wind knocked out.  Probably a 1/100000 chance, but seriously...why should putting in a 3rd string guy be any different than putting in the 2nd?  What if a coach wanted to implement some kinda running QB into his scheme (hard to imagine in the NFL, but there's no reason to make it illegal).

NFL rules say you may not dress every player on your roster.  Some players each week are designated as inactive. You may keep a third quarterback as an inactive player.  However, in an emergency, he is allowed to play.   If he goes in, the other two quarterbacks may not play.  If you want to use three quarterbacks, a coach may place all three on the active roster, dress them, and play them as he pleases.  It is only when the QB is declared as inactive and still plays that you may not put a previous QB in the game.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

PJ is the senior with experience and that is why he is our no. 2.  While having many obvious shortcomings as a player, he still has the experience it takes to win games.  Count on Gregory being the primary backup to Grothe next year.