• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting the O-Line

Guest TKBue(Guest)

Genus, Warren and McCaskill all are a good bit over 300, but none of them are very tall, generally regarded as a key requirement for tackle. OTs are one of the most difficult positions to find quality recruits. OTs must have heighth and good feet and preferably long arms. If they have those characteristics and are not quite heavy enough, that can be added later. 300 OL in today's big time college football scene is not that impressive. Other factors are more important. It appears and has been reported elsewhere that we are in good shape at the three inside OL positions but are still on the hunt for some quality tackles for this year's class. FWIW, I really liked Genus's film. A legit wide body who moves very well for a big guy in close quarters.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

I think Genus & McCaskil are projected at Center.

Regarding Fisher at 6' 5":

Fisher entertains coaches, preps for visits

By Brian Freeman, PowerMizzou.com Staff Writer – Rivals.com

With the season over, Elvis Fisher has spent the last few days being visited by coaches from his top schools.

"Really, the only thing going on in recruiting for me is a few in-home visits," said Fisher. "Duke, Kansas, and Missouri have all stopped by, [highlight]and I'm hoping that USF will stop by soon."[/highlight]

Fisher said all the visits went well, and that while each coach's visit was cordial, much of the conversation was what he considered pretty standard for an in-home visit.

"I was visited by Coach Mosley from Kansas, Coach (Dave)Christensen saw me today and last Sunday Coach Spencer from Duke was here," said Fisher. "Mainly, they wanted to see how I was doing and get me in for an official. They wanted to know where I stand with them and just wanted to see me before I take a visit. We talked about all my tests and scores, things like that."

Fisher also said that there was one coach that he was really happy stopped by his house.

"I really like Coach Christensen from Missouri," said the 6-foot-5 Fisher. "I like him and my dad thought he was real cool. He came to visit in the spring and he was the first one to offer me. He calls me every week and we just talk about whatever. He's just been cool to me from the beginning."

Fisher added that along with Missouri, his other top schools also provide a positive opportunity for him in the near future.

"I really like that Missouri went 8-4," said Fisher. "I like they've gone to two straight bowls. I like their style of offense because if you know the plays, you can execute right away. I'm a big fan of a no-huddle offense. Coach was just telling me about their bowl plans. Kansas told me that they need tackles. The duke coach told me how great the academics are and he told me that I could play early. [highlight]South Florida's always been a favorite of mine, just like Missouri. It's close to home and that's why I want to see how my visits go."[/highlight]

Fisher said that during the in-home visits, he has gotten a chance to set up those official visits, with his top school being the first he will take.

"I might be going to Kansas next weekend (Dec. 15), but I've got to get it finalized," said Fisher. "I'm going to duke the weekend of January 13. [highlight]I'm still trying to set up my visit to USF, but I'll set it up when they come to the house.[/highlight] I'm looking forward to being in Columbia next weekend, though. I think it should be a good trip."

[highlight]Fisher lists his top three schools[/highlight] as Missouri, Duke, [highlight]and USF[/highlight]. He said that while it is more likely he has a decision sometime in January, an answer next weekend is not totally out of the question.

"Missouri's my number 1 school right now," said Fisher. "It's not impossible that I commit to Missouri while there, and if I go up there and everything seems right and my dad likes it, there's a good chance that I'll commit. I want to see what it's like and I'll go from there. It's certainly a possibility."

This kid really seems to want to be a BULL.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

or a mizzou tiger....

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

is fisher any good, because it sounds like he needs a visit?

• 2 weeks later...

Yahoo/Rivals:

Unless there is some significant change between now and the end of January 2007, nearly two years of hard work by the Bulls' staff should equate to Tallahassee's McCaskill brothers suiting up for USF in 2007.

Center Kevin McCaskill was part of the Bulls recruiting class last February. He failed to reach a qualifying test score, but has been dogged in pursing his academic goals. He now lives in Tampa, has captured the necessary classroom requirements and will enroll at USF in January.

Younger brother Keith McCaskill, a promising linebacker prospect who just finished a stellar senior year at Godby High, was offered by USF Head Coach Jim Leavitt last year while he was recruiting Kevin. Although Colorado State and Illinois remain very much in the mix, the Bulls might be hard to beat.

This will really help us build depth on the interior.

Trib:

COMMITMENT: Valdosta OT Lawrence McCoy (6-6, 265) verbally committed to USF, Scout.com reported.

Gregg Becnel, Brett McMurphy

Yahoo/Rivals:

Center Kevin McCaskill was part of the Bulls recruiting class last February. He failed to reach a qualifying test score, but has been dogged in pursing his academic goals. He now lives in Tampa, has captured the necessary classroom requirements and will enroll at USF in January.

This will really help us build depth on the interior.

And with Warren also enrolling in January ... these two will definately help for Center Depth with Capogna being a SR.

Feeling better about the interior, now if we can have a couple Tackles step up, will feel much better. Walker is a SR and Dile is a JR in 2007 ... don't know much about Sims or Ide and Carnes didn't do too much to impress - he's a SR in 2007 anyways.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Sampson Genus is also at Center.

But I am expecting Genus to RS in 2007, but he will definately help.

We may FINALLY have arrived at 10 Solid OL's

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Whe I saw Ide on the sideline, he didn't seem to fit in with the other linemen.  He looked rather on the small side from a strength/bulk perspective.