• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How about some names(proof) smazza

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

As board owner and operator, I think it is important that facts be supplied when such assertions are made.  Therefore, this post really requires nothing more than a fact based response from smazza.  Should he choose to back up his comments, this thread would certainly end.

It is a discussion board and this is discussion.  It would probably be better if smazza's claims were challenged in the body of their original thread, but having done so myself in the past I know that when it comes time to put up proof or facts, smazza disappears from the thread and starts another similar thread elsewhere.

So, in this case, to start a new thread and seek the facts or proof is perfectly okay.  Until such time that some of the derogatory remarks are backed up with fact, I see few other ways to confront the issue short of clipping smazza's ability to post.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF CANT OUTRECRUIT RUTGERS,UL,WV OR PITT IN FLORIDA...

For whatever these subjective rankings are worth, here's one example that smazz, et al, doesn't know what the hell they're talking about .... UL is the only one who, on paper, appeared to out recruit us last year...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/orl-spt-state100box020206,0,2697450.htmlstory?coll=orl-sports-utility-recruit

how many bulls on that list didnt get in?

you need to post all team rosters with all rankings of florida players but you are right recruiting ratings are subjective that is why i go by team records over a short period of time like from 2004-present

the list of top 100 simply is not dispositive of the issue

when usf can regularly compete and beat pitt,ul, and wv than i will believe usf has won the recruiting war until than it is all talk how good usf has done  in recruiting.

talk is cheap

usf has #120 stength of schedule.that is a joke. no wonder usf performs poorly when playing a good team

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,667
  • Days Won:  424

how many bulls on that list didnt get in?

Doesn't matter ... even if you don't count the ones who SIGNED but aren't in school yet, UL is still the only one who OUTRECRUITED us last year.

you need to post all team rosters with all rankings of florida players

No, I don't. I'm not the one maing the outrageous claim.

but you are right recruiting ratings are subjective that is why i go by team records over a short period of time like from 2004-present

Team records have nothing to do with your claim .... unless the only ones playing all the games are players from the state of Florida.

the list of top 100 simply is not dispositive of the issue

Then show something that is ...

when usf can regularly compete and beat pitt,ul, and wv than i will believe usf has won the recruiting war until than it is all talk how good usf has done  in recruiting.

Again, the only way this is relative to your claim is if ALL the players are from the state of Florida ...

talk is cheap

Exactly.

usf has #120 stength of schedule.that is a joke. no wonder usf performs poorly when playing a good team

This has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. Why did you bring it up??

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

You forgot another quote...

...that is why i go by team records over a short period of time like from 2004-present

Transparent.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

.... no wonder usf performs poorly when playing a good team

L'ville 14

USF    45

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF is outrecruiting USC in California!!!

The Devil Rays will win the 06 World Series!!!

The Buccaneers will be signing me to be Chris Simms' replacement!!!

oh, wait, I don't have any hard stats to back up these claims.  Never mind.

Statements mean nothing unless they are backed up with data and statistics.  Where are they.  And don't give us some 4 star player a BE team snatched out of FL as proof. Give us names and college stats of players taken from FL by these schools who have panned out big time (in college play, not HS) above our top tier players recruited in Fl.  If you can.  For example I give you Matt Grothe, you know the stats.  Now you give me one QB recruited  out of FL by these schools that has topped MG.  If you can, then they out recruited us in FL at the QB position.  If you can't we outrecruited them in FL.  Grothe is just an example, we can talk individual RBs, WRs, LBs, DBs, whatever.We're waiting...

We're still waiting.

And just because a team beat USF this year does not mean they outrecruited them in Florida.  Why, because a majority of their roster does not come from Florida.