• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are the odds that.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

WVU and UL go to a BCS game. If that happens and we are able to finish the season at 8-4 are we a lock for the Gator Bowl?

Other than a BCS Bowl the Gator Bowl would be beneficial to USF, other than that we will not have much of a crowd or interest from the nation playing in another Big East affiliated bowl.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

I think its a long shot for WV and UL to both recieve BCS bowls. Even if they did, I don't see us playing in the Gator bowl, with the year that RU is having.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

IF UL and WVU get BCS then wouldn't Notre Dame end up in Gator?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

IF UL and WVU get BCS then wouldn't Notre Dame end up in Gator?

Not if they get a BCS invite as well. Even if they lose to USC they would probably still get one of the 4 at large bids if they're 10-2.

No chance of us going to the Gator.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Zero. Zilch. Nada. Not unless Hell freezes over.

The Gator Bowl went out and got a Big 12 option after Louisville struggled to sell their tickets last year. If USF is the only prudent BE choice you will see Oklahoma or Nebraska in Jacksonville as they will bring more than double the fans we would.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

that is assuming of course that Nebraska or Oklahoma don't have better bowls to go to. I wish the Gator would give our team some consieration. There are Bulls alumni in Jax and the traveling fan base may just be significant enough to make it worthwhile. A bowl game in NC versus one only a 4 hour drive away--- kind of hard to pass up getting to see the Bulls in a bowl game under that scenario if you are a diehard. Perhaps the real problem is we only have around 7K diehards and the rest are more casual in their interest in seeing an away game.

That said-- I agree that the Gator bowl is not very interested in USF. Even if we bring 12000 fans, the economic impact will beless since many folks will just make it a day trip or a limited stay. They want folks from the cold parts of the country who see this as a mini-vacation and use their hotels and other amenities. And no-- I don't see USF being able to muster 12K to any away game at this point anyway.

I'm hoping first for bowl eligibility (winning record), a bowl game invite (perhaps Birmingham or the Toronto gig), and whatever happens that we get a nice contingent of fans to that game.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

that is assuming of course that Nebraska or Oklahoma don't have better bowls to go to. I wish the Gator would give our team some consieration. There are Bulls alumni in Jax and the traveling fan base may just be significant enough to make it worthwhile. A bowl game in NC versus one only a 4 hour drive away--- kind of hard to pass up getting to see the Bulls in a bowl game under that scenario if you are a diehard. Perhaps the real problem is we only have around 7K diehards and the rest are more casual in their interest in seeing an away game.

That said-- I agree that the Gator bowl is not very interested in USF. Even if we bring 12000 fans, the economic impact will beless since many folks will just make it a day trip or a limited stay. They want folks from the cold parts of the country who see this as a mini-vacation and use their hotels and other amenities. And no-- I don't see USF being able to muster 12K to any away game at this point anyway.

I'm hoping first for bowl eligibility (winning record), a bowl game invite (perhaps Birmingham or the Toronto gig), and whatever happens that we get a nice contingent of fans to that game.

You stole the words right out of my mouth as far as being considered for the Gator bowl.  

And yes i agree lets get bowl eligibility before we start playing out scenarios.  Gotta get  i think atleast 3 more w's before we can start seriously talking about a bowl.  

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

only way that both Louisville and WV go to BCS game is that one team is undefeated and the other team's only loss is to the other.  AND.....every other potential at large team has ATLEAST 2 losses.  a 2 loss big 10 runner up like michigan would almost certainly pass over the 2nd place big east team...likewise for the SEC runner up.  or even 3rd place SEC team if there is an upset in the SEC title game.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

so....like everyone else said....we have NO CHANCE!.  i will be happy with a bowl game, any bowl game.