• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance Stats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Charleston Southern....    Wow.      800+ people?  I have partys bigger than that.

Thanks for the stats.  It is interesting that WVU outdrew UCF last year, despite all the UCF'ers that made the trek over.

1. It was the Homecoming game.

2. A lot of USF fans were buying tickets before the U Conn game thinking the WVU game would be for the Big East championship... there were quite a few no-shows that night.  UCF had more fans than WVU, but the WVU game sold more tickets.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

Thanx !

We are averaging less than 29K this season  :P

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

notice all the d-1 games that had low attendence are afternoon games....

KEEP GAMES AT NIGHT!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

One that stands out to me is that Drake and Southern Ill outdrew #8/#9 Lville last year...

I guess Drake was still riding the early momentum of the new program and Southern Ill was a homecoming, but I would have thought Lville would have had more than 33k considering how well UL travels, all the hype of them being possible BCS Championship game players, etc, etc.

this illustrates the poor marketing job usf has done

usf has failed to make games fun and attractive for fans to attend

\

[usf needs to improve product  where people want to coem see bulls regardless of the opponent

initally,usf football capitvated community but the lack of tangible success(no 1aa or cusa championships has hurt programs momentum

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

smazza...what is the last home game you attended?  USF does a lot of things to try to get fans to come to the game.  the problem is that Tampa is a huge media market with a lot of bandwagon fans.  once USF gets ranked and the media coverage picks up you will see the casual fans.  

only thing i wish USF would do is more ticket givaways with local media.  its a great way to introduce an entire family to USF football games.  

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Thanks for the stats.  It is interesting that WVU outdrew UCF last year, despite all the UCF'ers that made the trek over.

Had we beat UConn last year, the WVa game would have pulled 55K+.    

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

smazza...what is the last home game you attended?  USF does a lot of things to try to get fans to come to the game.  the problem is that Tampa is a huge media market with a lot of bandwagon fans.  once USF gets ranked and the media coverage picks up you will see the casual fans.  

only thing i wish USF would do is more ticket givaways with local media.  its a great way to introduce an entire family to USF football games.  

1.of course if usf is great people will come but usf isnt great yet so they must cultivate the fan base\

2.you with my ticket giveaway

3.usf needs to do different things because what they are doing isnt working

4.i think last home game was victory over southern miss.i had been a season ticket holder (4-8) since the beginning until leavitt made rod smith OC.i live in los angeles and must be in court monday mornings most of the time so traveling became to difficult.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

Thanks K,

How long did that take to get all of those attendance stats??? I hope Bulliever keeps this post of all the stats, so that we can save these for the future games. It will be interesting to keep ranking these games for attendance purposes. I am already looking forward to next season because I know USF wil have a record breaking year attendance wise because we have WVU, UL, and UCF on the schedule at home. Thanks again for all the work that you did to provide us USF fans these stats.

I have an excel file where I keep all kinds of USF stats. It all started with arguements on this board and certain posters that would pull facts out of thin air. So I starting putting together the facts to get the truth into the arguements. A poster recently asked for attendance info from before 2000, so I made a list of all the games in one column to cut and paste. Then I sorted it a couple of times and decided to put together everything above.

Kizarvexis

P.S. Still looking for anyone who has the official USF penalties stats for all the games before 2001. My media guides don't go back that far.