• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

Really enjoyed the trip, game was great and really impressed with your QB, Linebackers and your Band. Eye Candy was pretty nice too ;-)

Curious about how teams travel. Thought the RU crowd was a good size but watching the UCONN game last night the stands looked empty. Did we travel well compared to other teams.

Good luck the rest of the way

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

yeah, i was at the game, and i was VERY impressed about how many RU fans i saw...i wasnt expecting that turn out at all.  UCONN doesnt travel very well simply because they are horrible.  i dont one of one fan who would come 1000 miles to knowingly watch their team get a lopsided beat down.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

RU is in the upper level for traveling fans.   Pitt, WV and the Ville all travel pretty well.  UConn is having a down year.  They have traveled better in the past.   We played them a couple times before having any Big East connection.   There were also a lot of UConn fans that were not in the visitors section.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Louisville travels pretty well, at least to our games since there are lot of them in the area.  We are still learning how to travel.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  170

RU had a nice showing -- not the best ever by a visiting team but pretty good size crowd. There are a lot of Rutgers alumni in the area-- that might have helped it out-- plus you guys are having a great season so far.

I wouldn't say UConn doesn't travel well. They are kind of like us when it comes to football road support. Their crowd was pretty sparse-- I think McNeese brought more fans. Could be becasue their team is not having a stellar year also.

I've been to away games where we were lucky to get 200 fans to the game. I've also seen us fill up sections. There usually is a specific game or games that the majority of the road warriors want to attend. This year, my guess is that game (other than a basically local UCF game) is the North Carolina trip. Not sure what our ticket sold number is for that contest but I know plenty of people heading up there. Should be a good one. The Louisville game might have decent attendance as well. Last time we played there, we didn't travel well at all. Of course-- that was late in the season and we were having a seriously down year-- maybe 300 at that game if that much. Worse ever was probably the Arkansas game in 2002 -- we had maybe 150 at that game as most fans decided to do the Oklahoma trip the next week.

That's why we need to keep growing the fan base. The deeper we can get on total number of diehards, the more likely we are to see significant traveling numbers at all away games. Louisville travels very well as does WVU. It's one of the biggest knocks on the Big East-- as a whole, we don't travel well and Bowls are hesitant to commit to our teams. It's a serious issue we need to overcome.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Also keep in mind that RU has a lot of alumns in the Tampa bay area. So those folks combined with those who travelled from Jersey made up the crowd we saw for the RU game.