• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2n1 vs Petrino & 1n0 vs Meyer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Why isn't Leavitt considered a defensive genius on ESPN?  The way ESPN has talked about Petrino is kinda sickening.  If Leavitt got this kinda of luv when USF was on national TV maybe it would not turn my stomach.  And that's alot of stomach to turn.  Oh well...this is just spilt milk.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

That's true.  When they succeed, they get all kinds of praise.  When they run into a team that can beat their offensive scheme, it's just a fluke ::).

Unless, of course, the pundits wish to argue that we have one of the most talented teams in the country.  Somehow I doubt it.  That's one thing among many that bothers me about the media.

At least Garrett Wolfe got bumped up to 2nd in the heisman list.  He's no Barry Sanders, but if he matches Barry Sanders' stats in college, he deserves the heisman (he's currently on pace to break 2800 yards!  While I doubt he'll hit that, he'll get over 2000 easily if he stays healthy).

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You know why? Because Bobby Petrino and Urban Meyer have turned in top 10 teams.

When Jim has a consistently ranked program he'll get his due.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I agree with you Joe.  

Also, I think the genius label gets thrown around to offensive coaches more than defensive coaches.  Mike Holmgren and Mike Shanahan are geniuses whereas Gregg Williams and Monte Kiffin are not.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

Why isn't Leavitt considered a defensive genius on ESPN?  The way ESPN has talked about Petrino is kinda sickening.  If Leavitt got this kinda of luv when USF was on national TV maybe it would not turn my stomach.  And that's alot of stomach to turn.  Oh well...this is just spilt milk.

have you watched one game

our guys cant tackle

are often out of position

we havent beaten anyone  noteworthy

undisciplined

usf is 13-15 since 2004 why would anyone say leavitt is better than average coach?

genius? leavitt couldnt figure out grothee was better than pj

leavitt's legacy is more of acting like a nut(that is often mentioned)

You know why? Because Bobby Petrino and Urban Meyer have turned in top 10 teams.

When Jim has a consistently ranked program he'll get his due.

i would think success is a parameter to being a genius in football

hence,leavitt has a long wasy to go

on the brightside,leavitt has received plenty of jusitfiable praise for bringing progam into 1a and i think he did a fantastic job bringing usf into 1a so quickly

i dont think he can take us the rest of the way

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

smazza seriously...you consider yourself a USF fan.  You make me wanna puke.  I'd like to see you say those same things to the face of the USF D.  Maybe Leavitt's record is inconsistent but defensively this team has always been excellent except in 2004.  Not one team this yr has scored more than 2 tds.  Five games - 7 TDs and half the FGs are a result of TOs or bad punts/field position.  The biggest reason the record is .500ish in the past three seasons is the offense, crappy QB play and lack of a decent kicker.  If the Bull O scores 2 TDs at KU the Bulls are 4-1.  And reason for not having a Top 30 D so far this season is the loss of Clebert Julmiste & Robinson.  With a full strength DL, a RB, and a kicker USF is contending for the BE championship.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

^^^^if ands and buts were candy and nuts

every year would be a NC for usf ;D

^^^^if ands and buts were candy and nuts

every year would be a NC for usf ;D

and mr 96 is a great usf fan

not a blind one

smazza seriously...you consider yourself a USF fan.  You make me wanna puke.  I'd like to see you say those same things to the face of the USF D.  Maybe Leavitt's record is inconsistent but defensively this team has always been excellent except in 2004.  Not one team this yr has scored more than 2 tds.  Five games - 7 TDs and half the FGs are a result of TOs or bad punts/field position.  The biggest reason the record is .500ish in the past three seasons is the offense, crappy QB play and lack of a decent kicker.  If the Bull O scores 2 TDs at KU the Bulls are 4-1.  And reason for not having a Top 30 D so far this season is the loss of Clebert Julmiste & Robinson.  With a full strength DL, a RB, and a kicker USF is contending for the BE championship.

usf defense couldnt stop kansas or rutgers when the had to

there is no dline play to speak of

and our back seven are average at best in coverage

if our guys werent suspended we would have a top 30 defense.hey,injuries and suspensions are part of the game sorry to say.

to give you an example of aN EXCELLENT defense,usc has a turnover margin of over 100+ since 2001.THAT IS  WHAT I CALL DEFENSE.

YOU SHOULD REALLY TAKE SOME MEDICINE FOR YOUR NAUSEA!