• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Season of Practice . . .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

Any special memories of the 1996 season that our team only practiced ?

Who was at the first scrimmage Sept. 25th ?

Were practices open ?  ;)

Was it your last season with another team that is now your 2nd favorite team ?

Were you a student at the time ?

The walk through at Tampa Stadium to pick your tix.

Kinda a dead day and want to hear some thoughts/stories . . .

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you guys love memory lane

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I didn't go to any of the remote scrimmages, but I went to the one at the Soccer Stadium...I think I still have a ticket stub from that event.

I remember reading a lot about the players and team, but I don't think I ever went to a practice.  It was an odd situation, having a team together with no games to play til the following season.

I never had a favorite college football team, so the Bulls were my first...

I was no longer a student, but continued to go to basketball games (season ticket holder).  I had been a student for a couple of football drives, but this was sweet - even though it happened after I graduated.

I do remember the select-a-seat day at the old Sombrero, I think I kept the seating chart from that day too!  I remember I was a little frustrated with the process and spoke directly to Paul Griffin about it on site at that time.  He gave me the typical Paul Griffin emotionless shrug of the shoulders.  

Nothing tops the experience of seeing the previous fruitless attempts and then finally the birth and growth of a program.  I feel fortunate to be part of the group that has experienced it all since some of the initial attempts to get football.  It lends itself to a sense of value and appreciation that some will absolutely never understand in today's McWorld.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

"Every outstanding result comes out of a good understanding of who you are."

"Those who forget their past have no future; the past is the key to understanding the future."

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

you guys love memory lane

Not if you are in that lane Steve.

Unfortunately, I was behind the 8 ball on this team.  I casually followed them in the paper until it finally hit me that I had a college team here in my hometown in 1999. Although I graduated from USF, I was not your typical student and graduated from USF in 1997.  I finally bought season tickets in 2000, the year after starting my business and have been a loyal fan ever since.  

ET, I don't even have a second team anymore.  I still love to see UM lose, I love to watch UCF lose, and I don't care what happens to FSU or UF.  I watched the inaugural game on tv but would give up my left nut to be there from the beginning with you guys.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

I am late for the Bull train. I grew up in the area for years, but being USF's baseball team was subpar, I was never interested in USF. One of my best friends older brother went to USF and walked on the team, so I started to notice that USF had a team. I ended up going to FAU to play baseball, and was there when they announced they were getting a football team, and that was pretty exciting.

Ended trans. to USF in 2000, and was a huge fan since I stepped on campus. I HATE every other major FL school! I like UM at a time, because I was recruited by them for baseball, but after losing to them in Super Regionals a few times in the CWS I hated them too. So, the Bulls are my only team. Now that I am all graduated and have a real paying job, I just stepped into season tickets this year. It was great picking out the seats at the Spring game, I remember how excited I was to be locked into what is going to be a growing tradition. We made sure we got 4 tix, because I know I am going to want to hold onto my 4 seats 4 life, and I am sure my kids one day will be sitting with us.

Not so much a trip down memory lane for me, but a look at what we have now and what the future is for being a part of this program...

When I was in SG, I worked with a Med School senator to organize a football pep-rally in November of 2002 (he's a season ticket holder, too)...

We even had a bonfire on MLK plaza...

In 1996 I was not in school, but I followed the progress of the team and went to the first scrimmage at the Soccer Stadium.  The action wasn't great but it was a great environment...

I was also at the first game... and have only missed (maybe) 5-7 home games in 10 seasons - usually due to work.  In 2006, I finally joined the ranks of season ticket holders.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We've been there since the first game, Season ticket holders and haven't missed a home gaame. Have been to away games since GerogiaSouthern, try to get to1or more a year each year. Never miss any televised away games. Bulls are our first team.  I didn't go to South Florida ( I am from >1100 miles from here) I will always be a BULL

GetAHobby, I know you had a bad experience at the last game, but we (the older alumni) are really excited about the football-student generation graduating and buying season tickets.  The USF games will be the event of the weekend during football season in Tampa for years to come!