• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CAB cancelled Bull Mania

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

It was NOT SG who cancelled the event.  

IT WAS THE CAMPUS ACTIVITIES BOARD (CAB) THAT CANCELLED THE EVENT.

Although, I know everyone would love to blame SG like they always do, but it was still student run!  SG turned it over to CAB because they are the student's event planners.  Why duplicate event planning when you have an office thats deals in nothing but that?  

I was just told from members of CAB that it was dropped due to poor attendance and a lack of coordination... along with a host of other issues.  I would still like to see the event... but the people you would need to talk with is CAB.

CONTACT PAGE: http://ctr.usf.edu/cab/contact.asp

Stop sending things to SG... you know we have enough issues  

We are aware of the problem and will take action... extra e-mails are unneccessary.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't think people should stop contacting SG... SG allocates CAB's money right?  putting pressure on SG puts pressure on CAB...

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

We, in SG, are already not trilled that they are not putting on Bull Mania... we are already "yelling" at them and asking questions.

I would never tell someone NOT to contact them if you really want... but we are already aware of the issue and cabinet directors are already acting on it.

CAB needs the e-mails... they ultimently put these things on... they need to know people are upset that we are not having the event.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I agree, they also need to receive tons of emails and calls, in addition to SG.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Although, I know everyone would love to blame SG like they always do, but it was still student run!  SG turned it over to CAB because they are the student's event planners.  Why duplicate event planning when you have an office thats deals in nothing but that?  

I was just told from members of CAB that it was dropped due to poor attendance and a lack of coordination... along with a host of other issues.  I would still like to see the event... but the people you would need to talk with is CAB.

We are aware of the problem and will take action... extra e-mails are unneccessary.

USF03: I think we're normally good friends here on this board. I don't intend to change that, but I feel obliged to correct some assertions...

It was absolutely SG who gave up this event. Maxon and Sameer's administration did not want to focus on event planning, even though SG had done that for years with Midnight Mania and Round-Up. It turns out, moving Round-Up to Student Activities (or whatever BS it's called now) was a favorable move due to the event's emphasis on student organizations and OSA's access to paid employees as opposed to student planners (for consistency's sake).

So, they passed the event off onto CAB, saying "oh it's kinda what they do anyways." That was STUPID. CAB already didnn't have the budget to pull off the number of events that it did, and the students were overworked as it were anyways. CAB had too much on its plate to worry about Midnight Mania too. Anybody who had ever been involved with CAB, Homecoming, or the Exec Branch of SG would have known that (here's where inexperience came into play). It was stupid to pass it off onto CAB, which was SG's judgement call. It's not CAB's fault for not wanting to handle the extra load which was always SG exec's job.

It was NOT dropped due to poor attendance and lack of coordination, unless it was lack of coordination among CAB and other entities of the University, or within CAB itself. AGAIN, not CAB's fault. They were handed a $10,000+ event that same year (when their budget is determined almost 2 years in advance) without time to compensate with extra staff and organization. As for poor attendance - Midnight Mania's attendance numbers increased every year since its inception prior to 2002. If it was poorly attended the first year CAB did it, then somebody failed to market it well. I can assure you this was not the case when SG hired one individual to commit to the event (like Dave, former SG VP, or Marc Ostroff, former Director of Midnight Mania). They got the job done. An agency put in CAB's position may understandably have not their first year out. In any case, stop trying to defend SG here in a circumstance of obvious misjudgement. It was a former administration anyways.

I'll drop the issue for now since I've been assured by Randy, you, and others that this is being looked into. But I'll be watching ;-)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

why such apathy?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

As a former student and alumni of USF AND a yearly attendee to Midnight Mania, I am appalled that this is not happening this year. It's a no wonder why USF students are so APATHETIC about things that happen on campus. Here is a perfect example of people in charge not caring. AND isn't the job of SG and it's representatives to be the voice of the student, to care for the student, and to promote things that both student and school benefit from? You sure go around promising things to get the student vote when the time for elections take place. Often times I heard "we are here for you", or "your voice is heard" or "we're not like other regimes, we are going to change it to make it better here." Like the chant goes... BULLLLLLLSHIIIIIIT! BULLLLLLLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIT! Unless it has beer, broads, and booze, oh and also Ybor, you guys don't give a darn. Mis management, poor leadership, poor representation. I am sure that past VP's, Presidents, and Student Council Presidents are as pissed as I am that there hard work to bring this as a tradition has been mismanged and quelched by leadership who just passes the buck. Shame on you!!!     Reaper   PS. and if SG is so pissed at it, why are you not doing anything to rectify this. If it;s a conflict with another event, move it to another date. It is for recognition and promotional kickoff for both womens and mens BBall teams. AND for the students to rally behind these teams. SG is the power on campus. Start using it instead of being just figureheads. If CAB is not doing the job, use your power to rectify this. You gave them the event, you sure can take it back. Sorry, Too many excuses.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

When did school get so complicated?