• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MARKETING MATT (More from the Times)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

MARKETING MATT: USF's ads for Saturday's home game against Connecticut feature pictures of Grothe, a sign the Bulls see they can draw fans to his early success.

It's definitely more a marketing move than it is anything from coach Jim Leavitt, who has been guarded in his praise of Grothe, wanting him to stay humble and focused as a freshman.

"Matt has definitely become very well-known in the community," associate athletic director Tom Veit said. "We spotlight a lot of players, and he's become very recognizable to our fans."

The popularity of Grothe, the nation's top freshman quarterback in total offense, can be seen at Bulls Outfitter, a store on Fowler Avenue that specializes in USF paraphernalia.

The store has ordered 300 jerseys bearing Grothe's No. 8, due in by the Nov. 4 homecoming game against Pittsburgh, with about 80 already sold at $65 each.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Where can this add be seen???

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

There was one in Monday's Times sports section. I'll see if I can scan it and put it up on the blog later today.

Maybe the Times, since Greg mentioned it ... sure he will let you know when he sees this.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

MARKETING MATT:

The popularity of Grothe, the nation's top freshman quarterback in total offense, can be seen at Bulls Outfitter, a store on Fowler Avenue that specializes in USF paraphernalia.

The store has ordered 300 jerseys bearing Grothe's No. 8, due in by the Nov. 4 homecoming game against Pittsburgh, with about 80 already sold at $65 each.

That's hawt. Good job Britt and Craig ;-)

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I guess the Nerd is getting an early birthday present!  ;)

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

gurlybull, can we order the #8 jerseys online, or do we need to come to the store in person? And do you have them in white and green, or just green? Thanks & GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called my order in.

Suprised only 80 so far ... hopefully this will get more sold.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

You can order the Jerseys over the phone or in the store.  Unfortunately, our site is still under construction.  They are only green, however, I think our next batch will have white in it because of the requests we have had for white jerseys.  I want one too!  :)  If you have any suggestions or requests for the store, please let us know because we make most everything in house, so it is very easy for us to get new stuff so long as the CLC approves it.  Thanks for all the support!  If you have any other questions please let me know!  Come another month or so and Bulls Outfitter will have it's own storefront where Hollywood Video used to be with 1800 sq. ft of NOTHING BUT BULLS STUFF!!  WOOOHOOO!!

GO BULLS!!

-Gurly