• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kicking game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Lord Good God Almighty! Do we need a kicking game or what? Having seen our inability to punt and to make FG's it just makes you wonder what in the blue ball blazes is going on? Teachey is an excellent KO man. but his punts have cost us VALUABLE field position. If the kids on schollie are not good, then by golly get them off and bring in quality! I am glad I am not a betting man,(oops, lightning just hit the house), but good old Benzer needs to be practicing 24/7. If I was to bet on his kicks, I'd be poor right now...(second oops! I am poor right now!)In any event, we need to step up this part of the program. Look how valuable that Ito was for Slutgers. The kid was deadly and singlehandedly won the game for them.  If we continue to lose games in the kicking arena, our O and D will have more problems then they already are having.   JMHO ( oops third one. Should have said Just my Truthfull opinion!)   Reaper

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132

WELL SAID.

My concern is pointed to the coaching staff, what the hell are they doing to  correct this problem. Maybe CJL can address this when he holds his press conference, maybe he can also explain why he chose not to offer the only kicker worth a **** on the roster a scholly. Ship is sinking folks and there are no signs of getting better.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

We have 20,000 male students and a decent soccer team.  Why have we not already posted for walk-on tryouts Monday?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Anyone who has confidence as a kicker would try out seeing our games going this way anyway, that's why.

Just to be sure, I tried to punt it for my flag football team in practice.  20 yards and a hang time of 1.5 seconds later, I confirmed that no, I still can't be the answer for USF's kicking woes.  Maybe we should just recruit one?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

we only had 1 bad punt.  averaged 35 yards so without that 1 punt its over 40 average.  better than dropping a snap.  last 2 punts were great because they were away from return guy.  1st one was inside the 15 or so wasnt it?  

not sure FG kicker is that bad either.  he only missed 1 kick.  would have been nice to get that on-side kick, throw it for 30 or 40 yards, then give him a game-winning attempt.  oh well.

I agree that Rutgers kicker is obviously very good

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

It is time to try someone else for FGs. I don't care if he can kick it 60 if he can't make it. He has made one FG this year, and the rest have been missed from inside 50 yards. I just want a guy that can consistently make it from 30.

As for the punting. It may not be the best looking form, but it has been effective none the least. On crappy punt occured yesterday, and I can deal with that as opposed to getting them blocked. Not too mention, the rugby style will give you a favorable bounce 99.9% of the time. I have no problem with it.