• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The three factors that resulted in a L

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, the turnovers were killers but sometimes players like Grothe who have the ability to carry a team on his back tries to make something out of nothing or struggles to break an extra tackle to gain an extra yard and that is when the turnover happens.

My list of factors:

- No running game

- No punting game, truly may be the worst in the nation

- No kicking game, shold have kept the other kicker

- Lack of adjustments by the coaches at half time, seemed like RU dropped 8 or 9 players into coverage on every pass play and crowded the line on every run (did they have the OC playbook - sure seemed like they did)

- Run D has disappeared or never existed

- Turnovers - see above

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, the turnovers were killers but sometimes players like Grothe who have the ability to carry a team on his back tries to make something out of nothing or struggles to break an extra tackle to gain an extra yard and that is when the turnover happens.

My list of factors:

- No running game

- Lack of adjustments by the coaches at half time, seemed like RU dropped 8 or 9 players into coverage on every pass play and crowded the line on every run (did they have the OC playbook - sure seemed like they did)

- Turnovers - see above

Gotta agree with the lack of adjustments in the second half.  Rutgers really managed to adjust to our o-line schemes and put a lot of pressure on Grothe.  That goes straight to the coaches, and they failed in this respect.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

My list of factors:

- No running game

- Turnovers - see above

Gotta agree with the lack of adjustments in the second half.  Rutgers really managed to adjust to our o-line schemes and put a lot of pressure on Grothe.  That goes straight to the coaches, and they failed in this respect.

2nd week in arow coaches didnt answer bell

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

My list of factors:

- No running game

- Turnovers - see above

I've seen the light.  Fire them all.  In fact, fire them THEN execute them.

Screw this USF team.  They suck and they can't recruit.  Losing by 2 points to nationally ranked opponents is UNACCEPTABLE, even if we do have no kicker, punter, or running back.  The USF coaches are overpaid and are morons.  In fact, I'm burning my season tickets right now and will never attend another game. I'm demanding a refund and, unless I get it, I'm going to key Leavitt's car.

As of right now, I'm adopting USC as my new favorite team for now and eternity.   Go Trojans!

Thank you, Smazza, for showing me the light!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

My list of factors:

- No running game

- Turnovers - see above

I've seen the light.  Fire them all.  In fact, fire them THEN execute them.

Screw this USF team.  They suck and they can't recruit.  Losing by 2 points to nationally ranked opponents is UNACCEPTABLE, even if we do have no kicker, punter, or running back.  The USF coaches are overpaid and are morons.  In fact, I'm burning my season tickets right now and will never attend another game. I'm demanding a refund and, unless I get it, I'm going to key Leavitt's car.

As of right now, I'm adopting USC as my new favorite team for now and eternity.   Go Trojans!

Thank you, Smazza, for showing me the light!

When I first logged in this afternoon, the first thread I saw was the one about smazza and was wondering what the big deal was, he's always negative ....... After reading for a while I fully understand now.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Maybe they were faster and stronger than us, and only good coaching gave us a chance to win.

Nah, that can't be it.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Since I don't see anyone else has mentioned it....I recorded and watched the game and one key play resulted in a 4 point swing that could have given us the game.

Rutgers opening drive....the line judge spotted the ball just over the first down marker when re-play clearly showed Brian Leonard was down before the chains.  Chances are good that Rutgers would have taken the easy Jeremy Ito field goal.  Instead, they had a first down and eventually got their td and extra point.  After seeing that I wondered why re-play doesn't pick that up....I guess it's a "judgment call" issue.  Don't remember how that works.  

It's a clear example of how officiating can have too much impact on a game.  All other things equal, we win if the ball is placed properly.  The guy doing the call for ESPN said it was not right and it looked very clear on tv.  Oh well...who cares?  I can't wait until the day we are on the right side of the official's preference....it does exist.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Since I don't see anyone else has mentioned it....I recorded and watched the game and one key play resulted in a 4 point swing that could have given us the game.

Rutgers opening drive....the line judge spotted the ball just over the first down marker when re-play clearly showed Brian Leonard was down before the chains.  Chances are good that Rutgers would have taken the easy Jeremy Ito field goal.  Instead, they had a first down and eventually got their td and extra point.  After seeing that I wondered why re-play doesn't pick that up....I guess it's a "judgment call" issue.  Don't remember how that works.  

It's a clear example of how officiating can have too much impact on a game.  All other things equal, we win if the ball is placed properly.  The guy doing the call for ESPN said it was not right and it looked very clear on tv.  Oh well...who cares?  I can't wait until the day we are on the right side of the official's preference....it does exist.

Ok please, let lay off the officials. Leavitt could have challenged the spot if it was that big of a deal to him. The booth reviews every play. Yes it looked like it was a bad call, but whose to say they don't go for it on 4th and inches? Or that the replay shows that his knee or other body part never touched the ground until past the marker?

The officials called 30 yards worth of penalties against Rutgers on our final drive...they weren't out to get us.