• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

3-4 in BE?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to use this term so early, but the UConn game is a MUST WIN game right now.

I would have to agree.  :-X

Let's see we have 3 wins so far. We need at least 3 more for bowl eligibilty, 4 if we want to be in a good position for a bowl and 5 if we want to be guaranteed a bowl. Yeah.. I'd say UConn and Cincy and North Carolina and Syracuse are must wins. The rest of the games....?

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Why should rutgers be ranked and not us?  We are in a hotbed of football talent, they are in the middle of nj.  I am not saying we shouldnt be losing to a team like rutgers, yes they are better and are ranked, my main point is, why aren't we better then them and in a similar situation?  What does rutgers offer tha we can't?  Coaching is the only thing I can think of.  Discipline and leadership can definitely be questioned.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Some of you guys are unbelievable.   ::) ::) ::)

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Why should rutgers be ranked and not us?  We are in a hotbed of football talent, they are in the middle of nj.  I am not saying we shouldnt be losing to a team like rutgers, yes they are better and are ranked, my main point is, why aren't we better then them and in a similar situation?  What does rutgers offer tha we can't?  Coaching is the only thing I can think of.  Discipline and leadership can definitely be questioned.  

As our team matures and devlops within the next couple of years I think we will be better off than them.  I think we showed last night and last year for that matter that we are pretty much at least equal with them.  They have a mature team than us right now.  As i said before, for this year, experience and depth is what puts them ahead of us.  That is for this year.  Maybe even for just this game.  If we were to have played them in week 7 rather than week 5, does the same hold true?  perhaps Ponton and Julmiste could have been the difference maker.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38

perhaps Ponton and Julmiste could have been the difference maker.

Speculation is speculation but FWIW there is no doubt with Ponton we can win that game. We came extremely close with virtually NO running game whatsoever (aside from the QB). Turn us into a 2D team and I see no reason why we don't win that game. We will get better. How much better? I have no idea. As long as heads don't go down after another close loss ... we're about to get better.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

the future is bright at USF.  Ponton.Julmist back after next week.  team played a great game.  we have one heckava QB .  week 1 and we would have lost this game by 20.  no i am not for moral victories but i have seen every game this year and we are getting better.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Some of you guys are unbelievable.   ::) ::) ::)

.... and totally predictable.   8-)

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I believe UCONN will be a very pivotal game next week in our bowl hopes.  Hopefully the lessons learned in these past two games allow us to shine for the rest of the year.

I hate to use this term so early, but the UConn game is a MUST WIN game right now.

All games are must win in my book, you just deal with possible consequences after the game is completed.

4-3 is my guess for BE record.  Based on my prediction, and the way UNC has been playing, we will end up going 8-4 this season.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

next year we might have some kickers.  although I must say that the punting wasnt that bad.  we only averaged 35 yards a punt but prevented them from returning them away from them.  subtract that one awful punt and its porbably over 40 yards a punt we should expect.