• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time To Face Facts, Folks....

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

Unfortunately for some of the less enlightened:

Fact:  It doesn't matter that we have only played football 10 years (this being our 10th).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

FACT: Having a 10 year old program creates a handicap in recruiting, regardless of how much smazza whines to the contrary.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Unfortunately for some of the less enlightened:

Fact:  It doesn't matter that we have only played football 10 years (this being our 10th).

Fact: The less enlightened need to take off their gold and green glasses and try to grasp how things happen in the REAL world.

It's sad to say but being two games away from the Sugar Bowl last year may have done more harm than good when it comes to some people, the ones who are like 5 yr olds with their incessant need for instant gratification. We are 1 1/7 years into our on the field battles with our new BCS conference and are at .500 in those games. Not too shabby for a program that a few short years ago was working out of offices that had to have their wheels chocked. The invite to the BE was a great boost to USF football but it was not a switch that automatically turned us into one of the big boys no matter how much some of you THINK it should ...... you've got to earn that and it will take longer than a year and a fraction to do that.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

AMEN, BBB

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

Not to mention...Just think of programs that have been around a lot longer than us and never seem to make it anywhere in football. i.e. Duke (under the direction of a coach other than Spurrier), Temple (got kicked out of the Big East), Indiana (when's the last time they were decent?), Baylor (ummm...?)...I'm definitely willing to live through the up and down years that will slowly bring our team to a national contender level. It's going to take time, and that may mean another 5-10 years.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Not to mention...Just think of programs that have been around a lot longer than us and never seem to make it anywhere in football. i.e. Duke (under the direction of a coach other than Spurrier), Temple (got kicked out of the Big East), Indiana (when's the last time they were decent?), Baylor (ummm...?)...I'm definitely willing to live through the up and down years that will slowly bring our team to a national contender level. It's going to take time, and that may mean another 5-10 years.

You really cannot make these comparisions though. They spend minimal on football and pocket the BCS money to spend elsewhere.

Althought Baylor and IU have increased funding on their football programs the last 3-4 years it has come from repeated presurre by their conferences to increase money or risk penalties. The reason most programs like Duke, Indiana, Temple, and Baylor are annually at the bottom of their conference is because they spend at the bottom of their conference.

Those schools aren't in it to win a conference or go to a BCS game (Not Temple now). They'd rather sit back spend minimally, collect their BCS money and concentrate on basketball season.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

A little late, but I agree with Dad, let the team deal with the guys that may or may not cost us games.

I was disgusted to see Julmiste on the field after the FAU game. They should be in some mandatory class somewhere instead of out having a good time with the team they hurt because of "bad judgement".

I don't think those three should be allowed anywhere near the field on game day.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

FACT: Having a 10 year old program creates a handicap in recruiting, regardless of how much smazza whines to the contrary.

Some BCS programs though would switch places with USF if they could.

1) Located in FLORIDA.

2) Located in talented, rich, TAMPA, FL

3) BCS Membership

4) Play their games in one of the best NFL Stadiums

5) School has 45,000 plus students

Many BCS Football programs would take those "disadvantages" in a NY minute.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130

I don't think those three should be allowed anywhere near the field on game day.

I would have made them sit (not stand) in the middle of the student section wearing their full uniforms - helmets and all.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Some BCS programs though would switch places with USF if they could.

1) Located in FLORIDA.

2) Located in talented, rich, TAMPA, FL

3) BCS Membership

4) Play their games in one of the best NFL Stadiums

5) School has 45,000 plus students

Many BCS Football programs would take those "disadvantages" in a NY minute.

Moron ....