• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJL's show tonight on the running game/KDorsey...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

I actually called into the CJL's show this evening and asked Coach about getting the running game going as well as getting Keeley Dorsey more involved. He admitted that it 's hard to go away from rushing Matt when he is having success, but getting positive yards out of the backs was something that they needed to do a better job of.

Regarding our running back situation, he acknowedged that initially upon losing Andre Hall, they considered going for a JuCo...but figured there was no point in having a third string JuCo. However, now that Ponton and Plancher are out...they've had to dig deeper into the backups than they expected. He admitted that Williams is in there the most because he knows the most plays (ie. coverages, protections, etc.) He made mention of Aston Samuels having talent as well.

As for Keeley, he was very impressed with the "kid from Belle Glades" who is "a great person" and described him as having lots of speed. Coach said Keeley did not necessarily run with enough confidence yet though and also said that he still is only about 170 pounds. They had originally hoped that  he could have used the year to put some weight on, but with the losses at RB, he was pretty much pressed into service.

I have to admit that Coach went alot more in depth than I expected. (It might have been because they were excited to get a call. I was only on hold for about 2 minutes!! :o)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Keeley Dorsey is like 205 and is from Tallahassee.  I think you are somehow confusing him and samuels.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260

I don't think I'm confusing what Coach said....but perhaps he was referring to Samuels weight?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

yeah, I think he was talking about Samuels and how hes going to take this year off to gain weight and such.  not sure if thats a good sign for him that he couldnt step in this year for 5 games or so, but maybe when he does put on weight he'll be good for 4 years because of the redshirt.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Nobody can duck the obvious...we need a running game from a halfback.   No matter how talented they are, it's hard to put anyone in unexpectedly and get positive results.  Keeley Dorsey & co were NOT getting starting reps all spring/fall.  Blocking, reads, correct holes in our running system...these are things you don't just step back there and know.  If someone did, they could walk on and start right away, but they'd also be !@#$ing magic.

Someone needs to step up in the next few weeks, or else plancher/someone is going to come back and take away all the carries.  That, or you'll be seeing a lot more texas tech in our offense than texas.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

What about 2 backs behind QB with many bidirection plays?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Dorsey probably would have been Redshirted if we didn't have the depth problems we had to begin the season. I think he'll be a solid back, but just isn't ready for teh college game yet.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

****, I missed half the show, so I didnt have much chance of calling in. I wanted to ask Leavitt if he ever thought about using Julmiste in the running  game. Seems like Julmiste is a great athlete that is being unused this season. Julmiste needs to find a way to get on the field.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130

What about 2 backs behind QB with many bidirection plays?

Are you looking to confuse the OC?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The way our current RBs run any sort of delay or misdirection would just be stopped.