• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJL's show tonight on the running game/KDorsey...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

****, I missed half the show, so I didnt have much chance of calling in. I wanted to ask Leavitt if he ever thought about using Julmiste in the running  game. Seems like Julmiste is a great athlete that is being unused this season. Julmiste needs to find a way to get on the field.

If by "great athlete", you mean too tall and slow to play RB...

The guy is what, 6'3? With no speed and no moves. If they were EVER gonna change his position, his body is a TEs body. Problem is, he's a senior, so it'll never happen.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I disagree.  Pat's had some great runs when he's had to scramble.  He runs strong, and he holds on to the ball (unlike our other QB experiments).

I think he'd be fine as a HB or FB, actually.  He's got some powerful legs.  Dude is built like an oak tree from the waist down.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'm with Eats it... he has the strength and speed to play Full Back or TE successfully... but being our only real backup QB right now with any experience... we need him healthy in case the unthinkable happens.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Dorsey probably would have been Redshirted if we didn't have the depth problems we had to begin the season. I think he'll be a solid back, but just isn't ready for teh college game yet.

No Dorsey was slated to play this year.  Coaches knew all along they were not going to RS him.  Samuels is RS, to small right now to be effective.  Dorsey is nearly 20 years old already.  He didn't play HS football last year because he had exhausted his football eligibility and showed up at USF in June.

Dorsey physically is ready to play, mentally, learning all the plays, reading the holes, blocking...that's where he's getting up to speed.

I disagree.  Pat's had some great runs when he's had to scramble.  He runs strong, and he holds on to the ball (unlike our other QB experiments).

I think he'd be fine as a HB or FB, actually.  He's got some powerful legs.  Dude is built like an oak tree from the waist down.

I don't want to use Pat to much because we still need a back-up QB until the staff is confident enough in Gregory for him to go.  But I do think short yardage, goalline, and situations like 2nd and 3, would be great to bring in Pat for and like you said play him at HB, or FB.  He's a powerful runner, and a big guy.  He would get the 1-2 yards necessary, and always give the defense the hint of a half-back pass.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

on broken plays

he would fumble 50% of the time if he went to running back

dorsey should be able to step at rb position.he should know plays by now

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I'm with Eats it... he has the strength and speed to play Full Back or TE successfully... but being our only real backup QB right now with any experience... we need him healthy in case the unthinkable happens.

pj couldnt play qb

you guys think he can run,cut,hold on to the ball,has rb vision and catch the ball!

this is better than comedy central

pj isnt that athletic guys

i would allow pj to even take reps at qb at this point let alone play any position.

usf needs to move forward not backward

on broken plays

he would fumble 50% of the time if he went to running back

dorsey should be able to step at rb position.he should know plays by now

steve-o there's a difference between 'knowing' the plays, and executing them properly.  Furthermore, it's one thing to 'know' proper blocking techniques, it's another for a staff to have confidence you won't miss a block (despite not ever having seen you perform under fire) and get your QB blindsided by a blitzing LB.  

Dorsey was in more plays against Kansas, and had the most carries of all RB's.  That tells me the staff's got him on a number of crash courses and are slowly getting comfortable with him in there on certain situations.

pj couldnt play qb

you guys think he can run,cut,hold on to the ball,has rb vision and catch the ball!

this is better than comedy central

pj isnt that athletic guys

i would allow pj to even take reps at qb at this point let alone play any position.

usf needs to move forward not backward

You're a joke of a man for some of the ignorant assertions you're making about PJ- you clearly have absolutely no idea about this team.  PJ is probably one of, if not THE strongest of any skilled position players at USF.  He's 6-3 235lbs, and solid...I am not suggesting he's a RB, but he's proven in the past he can be a load to take down, so he could be effective on short yardage, and provide a new wrinkle in the offense.

HOWEVER, I will regress and admit that maybe getting PJ up to speed to change positions is possibly to much of an undertaking right now.  The staff's time would probably be better served getting Keeley Dorsey up to speed then wasting time on PJ, AND Dorsey, PJ as the back-up QB, wouldn't be able to take many snaps at another position anyway.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

What about 2 backs behind QB with many bidirection plays?

Are you looking to confuse the OC?

That wouldn't be very Hard!!!!!!!