• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lost to perennial football powerhouse Kansas...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Some on here think that bashing the team will help this team better.

And they think not bashing the program will keep us at the same level we are at.

Some need to realize that what we say on here has NOTHING to do with what happens with our Beloved BULLS ! It has the similar non effect if you are in the stands ... if you are booing the performace, no help to the team. IF you cheer, NO MATTER WHAT THE SCORE IS(within reason) ... you just may help. Or just sit there and shut up if you can't cheer on your team. Or just leave if you think they are gonna lose, seen that too many times.

::)

We have some real jokers on here  ;D

My thoughts on message boards are for fans to get together and chat and exchange thoughts on thei beloved team. But some would rather just bash thinking that will help.

It's easay to give opinion to teh negative without bashing or making smart ass comments.

Some are in a sad little world and want to the world to know it.

Go BULLS !!!

i dont think anyone believes our comments influence the game

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some on here forget that we have only been playing football for 10 years.  most of these teams, including kansas have been playing football for 40 + years.  while kansas may not be a great football team traditionally, they have garnered some success in recent years, and are on the rise.  you can't compare usf to ul, wvu, miami, fsu, or uf.  those are all teams that have been playing football for a long time.  for what we have done in a short period of time, is amazing, and we have been praised for what we have done, by the national media.  in less then 10 years we joined a BCS conference, in our 100th game, we went to a bowl game.  lay off the team, take a step back, and realize, we are a young program, and not everything can be rosey all the time.  most of us penciled this game as a toss up game, that could go either way.  we said all along, that this game vs kansas would be a tough game.  theres no reason for people to talk like this, especially after the FIRST LOSS of the season, and we still have 8 games left.  plenty of football left to play folks, and only 3 more wins to be bowl eligible.  

we will always be the new kid on the block

this is the programs favorite excuse for failing

"we have only been playing football for 10 years"  

we sound like children bringing that up everytime usf fails

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

this is the programs favorite excuse for failing

now that is tooo  funny

PROGRAM FAILING   SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING FROM THE MOVIE APOLLO 13 .

OUR "FIRST" BE WIN WAS "ONE" YEAR AGO   ASK UL ABOUT IT  RNAKED # 9 AT THE TIME.

HAVEN'T PLAYED ONE CONFERENCE GAME THIS YEAR AND THE "PROGRAM" IS FAILING.    

YOU ARE ONE FUNNY GUY SMAZZA

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

No team. Sucks. Got a team. Awesome. Division II. Cool. Division I. Better. C-USA. Okay. Big East. Better. Great strides.

USF never played as a division II team.   You have us confused with the gnats.  USF started as a 1AA team.  

Being 6'5" is great, but hopefully you never meet MikeG because having all of your teeth is rather nice too.   Although, I guess you can still drink beer without teeth.   Does your girlfriend go for the distressed look?

Worse comes to worse there are always implants.   Not as good as natural teeth, but better than a bridge or dentures.

dabull- your EXPECTATIONS ARE TOO LOW

WE SHOULDNT LOSE TO KANSAS IN FOOTBALL NOT NOW NOT EVER

YOU ACCEPT UNDERACHIEVING!

MORE AND MORE BULL FANS WILL NOT

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Being 6'5" is great, but hopefully you never meet MikeG because having all of your teeth is rather nice too.  

You have GOT to be kidding me.

We're threatening people with getting beat up on this site now?  I thought that ended when those totally sweet AOL chatrooms became obsolete.

"Dude, I'm 6'10", 350 lbs. with 1% body fat, run a 4.1 40 yard dash, bench press 650 lbs., and I'm a black belt in every discipline of the martial arts...."

Give me a break. guys.  ::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I don't have a problem with people who have high expectations for the program. They want what I want, the only difference being the level of patience I have to let things develop.

I don't think you can say any team is NEVER supposed to lose to any other team EVER. That's just not reasonable. I think we could have beaten Kansas but they played with a lot of heart. They are a quality team-- not USC quality by any means-- but a decent Big 12 program. I can agree we let an opportunity pass us by there-- but I doubt anyone beyond the Bull nation really batted an eye at the outcome.

I can accept "failure" to a certain degree. If we had a truly terrible program and no success at all-- sure, that would be failure. That simply isn't the case. It would be if we overscheduled ourselves. I like to think that at this point we are simply trying to adjust to life in a BCS conference. If we win the Big East, then we can start concerning ourselves with bigger things. The fact is-- we've never really won anything of significance beyond a handful of surprising upsets.

My approach has always been-- "let me see some entertaining football". So far, we haven't any boring games even once. Partially that is our fault since we were probably supposed to beat McNeese much more handily (or earlier) than we did. If we happen to actually win all those tight/entertaining games-- so much the better. But we are definitely not boring. And I really don't see us as a failing program-- just one that is continuing to move toward what others see as where we are supposed to be.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

WE SHOULDNT LOSE TO KANSAS IN FOOTBALL NOT NOW NOT EVER

Never ever ever!! (if anyone watched college football for more than the 10 years usf has been around, you would know this)

And whats with the overly sensitve people on this board.  Sound like a bunch of sore losers who cant handle someone talking bad about a team who played, well, BAD.  Grow up grown men.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

LOL. and some of the people on this board need to realize that USF is NOT a power BCS team that can go into anybodys house and win. We are very thin in talent and have NONE in the RB position. We are at best a 6-6 team right now. No better than 8-4 if we had the suspended players and with a weak schedule. It takes time to biuld talent and depth to compete with BCS teams including Kansas which went to a Bowl last year and smashed Nebraska. I would say they had better RB and DLine, OLine than we had.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Cubanbull i agree, but this patience excuse is outdated.  I have been affiliated with this school for ten years ( a rookie to some on this board) and have seen improvements in the program but none signifigant enough to gain respect from other schools.  No one knows who we are.  Ask anyone who attends a BE school.  Its that simple, we know all about WVU and Louisville but they dont even have us circled on their calenders.  Can we please please please change that aspect of our name.  

most here even want to give mac another year.  Its the most absurd thing i have ever seen in my life.  There is 0 light at the end of that tunnell, football at least we see light.  Thats all im saying.