• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lost to perennial football powerhouse Kansas...

Guest R_to_the_izzo
I also err on the side of not being patient however one ting I see wrong w/ USF is the way the program loses 1 - 2 games every year they could / should have won. Beating Lville looks great however when USF loses to UConn and the lower / mid ranked teams it makes the Lville win look like a mistake.

KU is a big 12 team that over the last 4-5 seasons has made a pretty good run in football. The loss to KU didnt hurt us nearly as much as the win vs L'ville helped us. When we beat UConn this year the only thing last year against them will be is a tough loss on the road in 30 degree weather.

USF has done it the right way for the last 10 years. When people expect us to be on top of the Big East, take a setp back and look at FIU/FAU. THey saw what we did and tried to do it, look where they are at now. Stuck in the Sun Belt and at a combined 0-8.

Patience is a Virtue.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Every loss hurts and coupled with the lack of quality wins this year by USF does not provide me with a lot of confidence. I (and most of the nation) see the win against Lville as a fluke because of the other games we lost. If we beat Lville, WVU and Pitt and lose to Uconn that loss does not hurt however beating Lville and losing to a Uconn team hurts everything starting with recruiting.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Every loss hurts and coupled with the lack of quality wins this year by USF does not provide me with a lot of confidence. I (and most of the nation) see the win against Lville as a fluke because of the other games we lost. If we beat Lville, WVU and Pitt and lose to Uconn that loss does not hurt however beating Lville and losing to a Uconn team hurts everything starting with recruiting.

beating louisville 2 out of 3 years isnt bad.  but I agree that it doesnt mean as much when you dont beat the teams you should beat.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

simple and accurate analysis

I also err on the side of not being patient however one ting I see wrong w/ USF is the way the program loses 1 - 2 games every year they could / should have won. Beating Lville looks great however when USF loses to UConn and the lower / mid ranked teams it makes the Lville win look like a mistake.

KU is a big 12 team that over the last 4-5 seasons has made a pretty good run in football. The loss to KU didnt hurt us nearly as much as the win vs L'ville helped us. When we beat UConn this year the only thing last year against them will be is a tough loss on the road in 30 degree weather.

USF has done it the right way for the last 10 years. When people expect us to be on top of the Big East, take a setp back and look at FIU/FAU. THey saw what we did and tried to do it, look where they are at now. Stuck in the Sun Belt and at a combined 0-8.

Patience is a Virtue.

ku is a basketball school that is a worse than average football team

\usf has to beat ku and teams like it.

usf will compete for nothing if they cant beat ku's of the world

usf isnt fiu or fau and shouldnt be compared to them

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130

Patience is a Virtue.

The Jayhawks were won 11 and lost 37 Big 12 (2/6, 1/7, 0/8, 3/5, 2/6, and 3/5) Conference game over the past 6 seasons (26/44 overall) and while you may call  that is a pretty good run...I look at it as mediocre to poor.

IMO, Size, Academics, Research Expenditures and growth rate, Facilities, Location, and Raymond James Stadium had as much or more to do with getting into the BE than the football team.

Without RJS USF football wouldn't be where it is.