• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would CJL take miami HC job

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

And Paterno goes to coach Pitt ... not gonna happen either.

Thanx Coach Leavitt !

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I think JL's buyout is ? $50,000 ?  I remember thinking that they didn't try very hard to keep him from leaving.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

just don't take the guy for granted.  There is a saying that the worse of the known may be better than the best of the unknown. you people that are so quick to criticize him (smazza,etc.)might consider this. There is no guarantee that another coach would do as well, nomatter how good he looks. Leavett has done a fantastic job here and we are lucky to have him.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Most of you offer valid points on here. I don't think he'd go to Miami and I don't think Miami really would consider him. He's done a great job here, but do you think the Miami fan base would be very excited if a coach that had done well, but not spectacular at the major D-IA level?

Paul Dee knows his job is on the line and that he will have to make a big time hire (if he has to make a hire). It's not a slam on CJL, but he isn't the big time hire Miami is gonna want.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Why live in someone else's shadow (schnelly, Davis, Erickson) when you are still casting your own?

Why live in someone else's shadow (schnelly, Davis, Erickson) when you are still casting your own?

Exactly and Leavitt has made this perfectly clear.

I do LOVE when he is mentioned for other jobs though ... only brings our program to the national light. And I think Leavitt works this to OUR advantage.

Go BULLS !!!

Well if any coach not at a top job were offered the job you have to consider it. It has probably been the most dominant program in this country the last 25 years or so.

There are not very many shadows at Miami, no coach has struggled after the other. Thats what makes Miami an anomoly in college football. Schnellenberger begat Johnson who begat Erickson who begat Davis (with sanctions) who begat Coker. None of those coaches lived in the other coaches shadow they picked up right where the last coach left off winning 5 national titles and competing for 4 more.

Miami's problem has been a few things: 1) They've increased standards on qualifying, a few years ago Noel Devine might have already committed, right now his grades are borderline 2) They used to have the BEST recruiting trips hands down. Then the NCAA changed it all in the wake of the Colorado scandel...no more hotels on South Beach, no more Lobster dinners...3) They're low on funds, the school is hurting for money in their athletic department, as a result they are having to schedule a lot of road games to keep costs of cash games down (Houston, UCF, Marshall)

Great Points Joe and that is why I feel Miami will now be a good/great team, not the POWER they once were.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If he didn't take the K State job, He won't take the UM job.  

If he didn't take the K State job, He won't take the UM job.  

Night and day...

Jim, How would you like a job with a school that has had about 10 years of high success mostly on the fact that they played doo doo opponents. They have been to 1 BCS bowl in their years and have had a few top 10 finishes. It has it's advanatges it's located in the middle of nowhere Kansas and it gets very very cold in the winter.

Jim, How would you like a job with a school that has been the most dominant school in the college football landscape the last 25 years. We've won 5 national titles in that time and were serious contenders 4 other times. We've finished top 10 in 15 of the last 25 years and are located in the most fertile recruiting area in the USA. Not to mention its warm in the winter.

Sorry TX, I don't care what connections CJL had to Kansas State, you're talking one of the top 10 coaching jobs in the country compared to a job that was filled with an offensive line coach at a mediocore school (UVA).

He was interviewed for Alabama, but was never offered the job. Alabama decided to hire someone with ties to the program after Mike Price. Which is why it came down Mike Shula and Sylvester Croom.

I'm not saying CJL would take the Miami job if offered, but I think he would seriously consider it (and rightfully so)