• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Steve Dumig is an idiot

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

he's still the most listened to sports personality on the radio in the bay area.  whether you like him or not, he IS the media and an advertising vehicle at that.  pissing people like him off can send shockwaves throughout the community in terms PR.  sure, winning cures all, but the little baby steps that we need to take to get to a championship (i.e.- winning over media personalities as well as publications) all have to be taken into consideration.

Considering we've gotten to where we are in 10 years without an ounce of support from Mr Tampa Bay Sports Personality on the Radio, I think we can take the chance of pissing him off ..........

That's a big 10-4 there driver!

Great Call Trip !

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Should just call up wanting to talk Ronde Barber or something, then just yell:

Go BULLS !

Or better yet:

thebullspen.com  ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I'm not talking about usf football.

We are doomed .....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Should just call up wanting to talk Ronde Barber or something, then just yell:

Go BULLS !

Or better yet:

thebullspen.com  ;)

I don't believe he's the host for that show ....... and to be honest, Ronde would probably prefer to talk about USF football ....... ANYTHING but that abomination on Sunday.  ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

I used to listen to him all of the time. But now I have Sirius and rarely listen to local radio. But he is trying a gimmick to boost his ratings. I would rather talk to Brantley about football than Big Douchebag. At least he played the sport.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  47

well, if you guys believe that we dont have to worry about pissing off local media types, then you can all forget about selling out RJS on a frequent basis.  let's face it, a good majority of the people that are attending (and will attend) the games are local bay area residents that get their news through radio personalities and local papers.  you shut these media avenues off (like what CJL did when he walked out of the press conference), and you'll get negative vibes throughout the community.  let's remember, the media is the program's direct source to the people.  you piss off the media, you get negative press to the people, and the less the people will want to show up to games to support the team.

it trickles down to USF games being put on ESPNU and other not-so-popular channels.  college football is a business as much as it is a sport.  consider the media as a way to "advertise" our program.  the better the message gets sent, the more locals hear about us, the more they come to our games... the more they tell their kids about the program, and the more those kids consider attending USF as football players and as normal students.  think about this before you start this whole "Us & Leavitt against the world" campaign.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I think most of us agree that Leavitt needs to repair the relationship with the media.  The problem is the media has no accountability in the equation.  It takes two sides.  "The media" can act as stupid as Duemig does and no one cares.  He's not going to be criticized or ridiculed for his comments, yet it's those same inane comments that drive his callers, his show and the business...he gets a lot of play being an ass.  A college football coach can not play the same game with equal success.

It's all overblown.  The media violated the privacy of individuals and of the team against the coach's wishes.  What do you expect him to do?  He has a right to be angry but it is time to move on - regardless of boobs like Duemig.

My guess is this is a story for the second tier media (read Duemig)...the longer they play the antagonist the more people like Duemig can whine and rant.  He probably couldn't care less.

Fixed some typos

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I dont always agree with him, and yeah, he's wrong about some things, but dont let YOUR blind hatred cloud your thinking and say that he's somehow NOT a very talented radio personality.

He's a very talented radio personality in the same vein that Jerry Springer is a very talented TV personality .............

Gotta wonder if Springer, with his similar type of entertaining, thinks he's in the media too.

he thinks he is a dancer also

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this guy must have some ratings with all the emotion he brings out in viewers

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

this guy must have some ratings with all the emotion he brings out in viewers

#1 in tampa bay