• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Marching Band member disses the HOT!

Guest wildrover

Go look at UCF rivals, they have a whole thread dedicated to how much better our band was compared to theirs.  Thats from their fans.  I think the thread was titled "Even our band got beat today"

This is just excuse making.  Whoever posted this is probably heard a lot about how bad they were and how much better our band was compared to theirs.  It makes sense that they he might lash out like this if the band is something he takes pride in.  Sort of the way mothers of serial killers stick by their sons no matter what.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

i was watching on t.v. and heard the HOT playing #8 a few times, but never heard anything else

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Go look at UCF rivals, they have a whole thread dedicated to how much better our band was compared to theirs.  Thats from their fans.  I think the thread was titled "Even our band got beat today"

99% of UCF fans ENJOYED USF's Marching Band's performances and many made comments about it. (Even on this board too!)

Don't let the 1% kill your "buzz".

KL

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I was actually pretty disappointed with the ucf band, I love marching bands and I'd heard so much about how good they were. Maybe it was my seats, but I didn't hear anything but drums during the game....really, I never heard ANY brass at all, just a kind of low rolling drum beat here and there. Halftime I can't say since they played away from our side so it was impossible to judge the quality.

This was the first time I've had seats this close to HOT (I'm across from them at ray jay) and really really got a different feel to the energy of the band. They have sounded incredible this year but up close they really blew me away.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Well I guess it all depends on where are you seating on the stadium in relation to the band.  It seems everybody forgot about that little thread called "The HOT should be ashamed"  UCF fans probably experienced the same bad acoustics some of you did during the FIU game.  I bet the HOT played with the same enthusiasm and heart during the FIU game as they did during the UCF one.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm thinking this UCF band member was defending himself to UCF fans that have been ripping them.  No need to reply.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  356

Does this thread remind anyone of a bad late 70's/early 80's T&A flick called "H.O.T.S"?  Me neither...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21

It's all good. We enjoyed performing with them after the game. We have many friends in that Band and we play together every year. There was no need for this person to say whatever they said, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Either way, BULLS WON!