• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oracle article about SG and tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Another editorial that criticizes not having a cap, using all student's money to help mostly the greeks who seemed to be well informed when I personally heard nothing about it until I read about it on this board the day of,  and also warns that we should not be giving out our UID # to people.  

The arrangement also foolishly benefited those willing to give out their University indentification numbers.  Do not give out your University Identification number.  It is tied to your Social Security number and is intended to be secure.

On a good note regarding the whole ticket issue, SG's director of Student Life and Development wrote a letter to editor about how next time there will be a limit.  I'm curious if they will still require the UID numbers.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

On a good note regarding the whole ticket issue, SG's director of Student Life and Development wrote a letter to editor about how next time there will be a limit.  I'm curious if they will still require the UID numbers.

They're going to have to require the UID numbers since it must be vouched that only current students should be taking advantage of the deals.  They may even stipulate the "1 ID, 1 person, 1 ticket" rule to help alleviate this problem.

By the way, this is all speculation, I have no ties to SG, this is my personal opinion.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

Who cares...I didn't see any empty seats in our USF section, so they must have all showed up. I don't care how many tickets are sold to 1 person as long as they bring all they bought for and they are all cheering for our Bulls.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

On a good note regarding the whole ticket issue, SG's director of Student Life and Development wrote a letter to editor about how next time there will be a limit.

May not be a next time. Not too sure that UCF will be throwing that 1/2 off deal out there again in 2008. They will have 20K less tickets available for that game than this one and, if things go well for them, a lot more demand from their fans.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I wont be a student then. I will be a USF donor with season tickets.

May not be a next time. Not too sure that UCF will be throwing that 1/2 off deal out there again in 2008. They will have 20K less tickets available for that game than this one and, if things go well for them, a lot more demand from their fans.....

could come into play with FIU, FAU, and other road games.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

It's not like they were checking the numbers before they gave the students the tickets so how would it be helpful in any way to even collect them?

They're going to have to require the UID numbers since it must be vouched that only current students should be taking advantage of the deals.  They may even stipulate the "1 ID, 1 person, 1 ticket" rule to help alleviate this problem.

By the way, this is all speculation, I have no ties to SG, this is my personal opinion.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Who cares...I didn't see any empty seats in our USF section, so they must have all showed up. I don't care how many tickets are sold to 1 person as long as they bring all they bought for and they are all cheering for our Bulls.

I hate to say it, but there were a good number of empty seats in my section (203). My row was about half full, the row in front and behind was about 2/3 full. It might have looked full becuase everyone was spread out; a couple here and there to fill in the gaps. I even overheard some people say that thier friends, who got the $5 from the greeks, didn't come because they decided not to at the last minute.

Through the whole thing there were positives and negatives. As long as the problems are fixed for next time.

there were also a lot of UCF fans near my seat, which to me indicates those tickets that we had to give back before we ordered the 500 and 750.  people went, and we had a great away crowd that reminded me of WVU at RJS last year, but we need to get better at this selling and distributing and not using ticket master.

obviously, this is a learning process.  it was still a good idea to sell cheap tickets to promote game, hopefully it will be repeated and improved for other florida away games in the future, and maybe some other away games and some bowl games.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  552

I hate to say it, but there were a good number of empty seats in my section (203). My row was about half full, the row in front and behind was about 2/3 full. It might have looked full becuase everyone was spread out; a couple here and there to fill in the gaps. I even overheard some people say that thier friends, who got the $5 from the greeks, didn't come because they decided not to at the last minute.

Through the whole thing there were positives and negatives. As long as the problems are fixed for next time.

I was in 203 as well, but I know a lot of greeks who rode a bus with me moved up closer since there were empty seats. People also went to brave the UCF section and sit with friends. There is a really good pic today in the Trib picturing about 6 greeks I know all painted up with signs in the front row-- they were sitting with me in 203 row V and moved up...  I did see alot of greeks wearing letters though.