• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Bull D really needs a...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

...GOOD NICKNAME - Stampede, BD's (Bull D), Killer Gs (green n gold), Greenbacks, etc.  I don't know but they need one IMO.  As good as it has been over the last decade they deserve a nickname and some kind of tradition similar to the NU Blackshirts.

Bulls Defense doesn't work??

Very few units ever have a nickname... and Stampede would be an offensive nickname (to me) - as in running up the score 'stampeding' over the opponent.

I'm not so sure it needs a nickname, but if it does - why relate it back to USF?  The Nebraska "Blackshirts" had nothing to do with Cornhusker, Big Red, etc.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

We need a Shut-Out !

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I agree nicknames are corny in most cases lets just let what our defense speak with how it plays on the field.  Id rather have a reputation as being a mean and nasty defense than a corny nickname.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Personally, I haven't been super impressed with our D so far this year.  Don't know if it's the loss of Kravitz (my guess.)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Personally, I haven't been super impressed with our D so far this year.  Don't know if it's the loss of Kravitz (my guess.)

I havent either we need alot of work and JJ back from suspension.  D-line really needs to step it up, same with the safeties.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I know that we were wishing for shutouts against FIU and McNeese St and maybe not as close a game against UCF, but they have come through when needed which is what a great defense is all about.  We keep forgetting we are only 10 years old.  To a lot of teams, we would probably still be considered a warm-up game. Remember, not everyone wears green and gold glasses like us here at the bullspen.  Like it or not, FIU is a talented team and UCF has some good players also.  

We have always talked about Florida and it's pool of football players.  All the talented players that don't make it at UF, FSU or UM now go to FIU, UCF and here.  Now, I am not saying we are not ahead of the curve when matched up against FIU and UCF, don't get me wrong.  I'm just saying I think our defense is porous at times but comes up with the stops when needed.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

Our D needs to be lights out if you are going to give it a nickname, and I am sorry that has not been the case thus far this season. Our D is good don't get me wrong, but we have had some let downs and have been giving up a lot of yards. Lets wait untill we are 10-0 or something before we start thinking up nicknames...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I know that we were wishing for shutouts against FIU and McNeese St and maybe not as close a game against UCF, but they have come through when needed which is what a great defense is all about.  We keep forgetting we are only 10 years old.  To a lot of teams, we would probably still be considered a warm-up game. Remember, not everyone wears green and gold glasses like us here at the bullspen.  Like it or not, FIU is a talented team and UCF has some good players also.  

We have always talked about Florida and it's pool of football players.  All the talented players that don't make it at UF, FSU or UM now go to FIU, UCF and here.  Now, I am not saying we are not ahead of the curve when matched up against FIU and UCF, don't get me wrong.  I'm just saying I think our defense is porous at times but comes up with the stops when needed.  

These first 3 games shouldn't have even been close, much less needing a late comeback.

We start playing BCS teams now, it will be a looooooooong year if they don't step it up.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

Sounds like much of the D line was playing hurt.   A groin injury might just slow you down a tad.