• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would be stupid to not play this game every year.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

If you lived in Louisiana...you would know that LSU/Tulane ARE rivals.

LSU/Tulane have played each other 94 times...and will play each other for the next 10-12 plus years...and probably beyond.

KL

PS. Heck, even baseball games against each other draw 12,000 plus soldout crowds! The LSU/Tulane Baseball series is SOOOO popular...that Tulane (even before Katrina) would move the series to the AAA Baseball Park in New Orleans...so more fans can attend the games.

Please stop trying to build that up. It's just basically another home game for LSU played at the Dome ....

The agreement calls for LSU to retain and sell an allotment of tickets for those games that are played in the Louisiana Superdome, giving LSU revenue that substantially offsets the loss of a home playing date in the years the Tigers visit Tulane. Tulane will receive a financial guarantee and the option to purchase tickets.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=2&c=380275

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

play the game every year. What are we scared of? If we lose to UCF or anoy other team in a non-BCS Conference, then we really don't have any business worrying about winning the Big East right?

Fact is the matchup is great for fans on both sides, and gives us the closest thing to a "college atmosphere" that we can hope to enjoy for the near future. The Citrus Bowl is indeed a dump, but that place was rockin this weekend. I had a blast cheering with my USF contingent.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

the rivalries that are around now between bcs and non-bcs teams, is because they were around before the bcs was established.  name one rivalry game between a bcs team and a non-bcs team, that started after the bcs was established?  i bet you can't.  

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU JUST CAN NOT NAME ONE "TRUE RIVALRY" THAT IS BETWEEN A BETWEEN A BCS AND NON BCS SCHOOL.  WHY CAN NOT PEOPLE GET THIS THROUGH THEIR HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND DON'T GIVE ME SOME 4 GAME SERIES SOMEWHERE AND TELL ME IT IS A RIVALRY.  I AM TALKING ABOUT GAMES THAT ARE PLAYED EVERY SINGLE YEAR RAIN OR SHINE FOR THE NEXT 50 YEARS.  THAT IS A RIVALRY.  

this point is moot because 99% of the rivalries that exist in college footbal were formed before you had to worry about the BCS.  If there was a BCS forever texas and texas tech would not be a rivalry (beceause tech wouldnt have been let intpo the BCS).  Alot of rivalries truely started when the upstart punched the big instate program in the mouth after being beaten for many years.  Seriously because the BCS is so new this arguement holds no water because the BCS has only been around for a minute time in the history of college football.  

I repeat please stop with lame an rivalry arguement it does not fit our situation.  You have better points to be made about reasons to not have this rivalry.  I myself was in favor for this game being an annual till i sat down and thought about putting being a student and my reasons for this game aside and looked at the program.  If the BCS was around back then alot of teams that are in BCS conferences now wouldnt be in them because they were terrible when they started and when theses rivalries started.  Seriously your trying to fit a square peg into a round hole we have alot better points to be made.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

play the game every year. What are we scared of? If we lose to UCF or anoy other team in a non-BCS Conference, then we really don't have any business worrying about winning the Big East right?

Fact is the matchup is great for fans on both sides, and gives us the closest thing to a "college atmosphere" that we can hope to enjoy for the near future. The Citrus Bowl is indeed a dump, but that place was rockin this weekend. I had a blast cheering with my USF contingent.

THIS GAME WILL CONTINUE IN SPITE OF LEAVITT

IT WILL NOT BE HIS CHOICE

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

UCF is not our rival

we don't have a rival yet...we want one with Louisville and/or West Virgnia and/or big 3.

i could go either way on this issue, but it seems that if we scheduled an auburn team (like next year) and managaed to beat them, that would mean something.  beating UCF every year wouldn't mean anything, and losing to them would hurt and give the appearance we are not surpassing them, which of course is our aim.

that being said, if UCF can go undefeated from here on out and prove they are worth playing and will stick around for awhile, then it would make A LOT of sense to continue the series.  they are getting a new stadium, we have the "best" NFL stadium...they both will sell out every year if we continue to play them.

having an in-state rivalry, one of the closest geographically in the nation (someone please tell me some closer ones...NC state/UNC/Duke i guess), would be GREAT if UCF keeps improving as well.  they are starting this moffet guy that reminds me of pat julmiste and banks.  they need improvement there, whereas we should improve for the next 3 years.