• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HEARD OF THUNDER!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I was shocked to hear the HOT playing The Bull over 970 WFLA, it was AWESOME!!!!  Crowd was chanting USF!, USF! as well

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Watched the game of CSTV (wish I could have been there).  We heard HOT all game long!  And they sounded great.  Very "shrill", which is exactly what you want!

Caught a couple of glimpses of them on camera....they are so much BIGGER than they were just a year or two ago.  FINALLY!  I love it!  Keep playing loud and often.

Can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze come up for the Louisville game though?  It (and hopefully the bowl game) are the only two I'll be able to go to this year.  It'll be a lot less fun w/o HOT!

Do you have $100,000 to pay for the band to travel to UL???

If so... see my signature.  ha    

Sorry man... small budget

I was shocked to hear the HOT playing The Bull over 970 WFLA, it was AWESOME!!!!  Crowd was chanting USF!, USF! as well

Sweet

(download "the bull" at http://band.arts.usf.edu/media.htm#audio if you want it)

you meant to mis-spell "HERD of Thunder".... right?

I hope it was just becuase you HEARD us everywhere!

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

From the Beef Studs, YOU GUYS WERE AWESOME!!!  Thanks for staying to play the Alma Mater!  We want to bring back that post game tradition.  Every game baby!!

P.s.- Hope you heard the HERD OF THUN-DER clap clap clap clap clap CHANTS!!!   :)

-Brittany and the Studs

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Thank you for your love and support.

As always, GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,399
  • Days Won:  10

On the knight board --

They were louder and had better songs. As an mk alum, I've always defended the chant, but I have officially changed my mind. It sucks. It is too slow and doesn't do anything for the fans. That bull fighter-like thing that the USF band kept playing over and over and over until I couldn't get it out of my head was effective.

I know that as the home band we have restrictions on playing durin certain time during the game (commercials, etc) but it seemed as though we never played when we needed too.

I don't think I need to comment about half time either. They blew us away. There weren't much bigger, but they were a lot louder. I know the mk mantra has always been that we do a new show each week. I know a lot of prep goes into that. However, the bulls "canned" show (I know that they probably do that show over and over) blew our "one week wonder" of oldies out of the water.

I will probably get a bunch of excuses from current mk's and from Ron, but I don't care. I'm tired of defending the mk's, they are no longer acceptable. The rest of the mk alums in my tailgating group (and even spouses who weren't in the band) agreed that this was the worst the mk's looked in years. They just got outshined yesterday. We used to be able to say at least our band "won" but we don't even have that any more.

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&mid=79261366&sid=908&tid=79261116&style=1

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

On the knight board --

They were louder and had better songs. As an mk alum, I've always defended the chant, but I have officially changed my mind. It sucks. It is too slow and doesn't do anything for the fans. That bull fighter-like thing that the USF band kept playing over and over and over until I couldn't get it out of my head was effective.

I know that as the home band we have restrictions on playing durin certain time during the game (commercials, etc) but it seemed as though we never played when we needed too.

I don't think I need to comment about half time either. They blew us away. There weren't much bigger, but they were a lot louder. I know the mk mantra has always been that we do a new show each week. I know a lot of prep goes into that. However, the bulls "canned" show (I know that they probably do that show over and over) blew our "one week wonder" of oldies out of the water.

I will probably get a bunch of excuses from current mk's and from Ron, but I don't care. I'm tired of defending the mk's, they are no longer acceptable. The rest of the mk alums in my tailgating group (and even spouses who weren't in the band) agreed that this was the worst the mk's looked in years. They just got outshined yesterday. We used to be able to say at least our band "won" but we don't even have that any more.

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&mid=79261366&sid=908&tid=79261116&style=1

{Displayin' the Bull Horns}

BTW, can we get a smiley with the bull horns?.....

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

It wasn't long ago that people were making similar complaints about the H.O.T... a couple years ago, they were not nearly as good as they are now.  Whatever they were on at the bowl game, they sounded unreal, and that is when they really turned the corner.  Ever since they have been unbelievable.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

The H.O.T. were fab!!!

I can't imagine how hot y'all were in those heavy unis.

We all feel for you  AND appreciate you!!!!

:D:):D:):D:):D:):D:):D