• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Buffalo 2011 & 12, Ball 2009 & 10, WKU 11&12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Alright, here is a theory I've thought of:

There was at one time a Big East-MAC scheduling agreement in talks, where a certain amount of Big East teams would play an equal number of MAC teams on a home-and-home basis.  I haven't seen an article about it in a while, so I'm assuming the talks have died down.  There was also a Big Ten-MAC scheduling agreement, that one ended up going through and I believe started this year.  That much is true.

Now, these public records...if relatively new, they could represent a yet to be announced Big East-MAC scheduling agreement for the years of 09-12 with Buffalo and Ball State.  Or, if the records are not that new, they could represent what would have been had the Big East-MAC Challenge happened.

At any rate, that still doesn't account for the game against WKU.

I sincerely hope this theory is right.  I hope we didnt think on our own that these games would benefit us in any way.  Buffalo?? I know kids with two left feet that played there.  

ps i dont get this whole we shouldnt play ucf crap either.  Maybe I wasnt born in florida and do not have real hatred towards other florida universities, but this game always seems to get the most hype and could be a GREAT rivalry for years to come.  let it happen

If Buffalo is in the works, it's probably entirely because someone somewhere thought a "battle of the Bulls" would be cute.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188

This is the same newspapers (Times and Trib) that reported a decade ago that the San Fransico Giants were coming to Tampa Bay.  I think I would wait for something official before getting to worked up.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

jeez dont you know were sooooo far above UCF ::) kinda funny that everyone but the students and the players dont see this as a real rivalry.

You mean the students who practically had to be given tickets to get them over there ..... THOSE students?

Trip,

Sorry, but I and most people didn't $30 for a ticket when in school. For Miami tickets last year I borrowed from my family.

I think a great amount were going that way for tailgating etc. I think the tickets being more reasonably priced only got many into the game.

Ask most students on this board they'll tell you what I've heard people are excited for this game on campus.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

good schedule to go to a bowl every year 3 conference wins and you are in.

poor schedule if you want to be a top 25 team or want a sniff at a NC

if this is the plan for 5-7 years to give us some cred then bump schedule up to make serious runs then go for it

still do not like 1-1 with these schools

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

jeez dont you know were sooooo far above UCF ::) kinda funny that everyone but the students and the players dont see this as a real rivalry.

You mean the students who practically had to be given tickets to get them over there ..... THOSE students?

Trip,

Sorry, but I and most people didn't $30 for a ticket when in school. For Miami tickets last year I borrowed from my family.

I think a great amount were going that way for tailgating etc. I think the tickets being more reasonably priced only got many into the game.

Ask most students on this board they'll tell you what I've heard people are excited for this game on campus.

Sorry, Joe, not buying it. You're saying a great amount were going that way for tailgating but couldn't afford the $30 bucks for the ticket?? This game has been scheduled for how long? If it's the rivalry you're making it out to be, you target this game and make sure you have the funds to get in to see it, even if you have to borrow like you did.

People were probably excited because someone told them THIS WEEK who we're playing and it sounded cool.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You don't have to, but I'm sure someone on these boards can back me on this one.

I do know 1 frat house on campus got a bus to go tailgate and did not have tickets to the game until SG's on Monday (note, they were NOT part of the SG "fratgate")

I conceeded awhile ago it wasn't a rivalry because a group of our fans don't recognize the game. (I wrote it earlier in the post too).

I'm relaying what people on campus have told me and again, I'm sure some students on this board can back me on this one. Whether you choose to buy it or not it your own choice.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2011...eeeeeeeeYIKES!  That schedule sucks big time!  Sign UCF to two 2n1s before that crap happens.

UCF will never sign a 2-1 with USF.

Didn't they sign some 2-1 deals with other Big East teams.  Honest question.  What's the difference.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

WKU haven't even squared away whether they'll move to D-IA. They just made the major intentions before the UGA this year.

I'm sure any contract with them would be only on the condition that the team does move up to 1A. USF is run by idiots, but I can't imagine they'd trap themselves into playing a 1AA team on the road.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I guess you guys don't want to "K State" our way into contention.

When you go 12-0 they don't ask questions.

We still have plenty of tough games.  See: UM, Auburn, Florida, etc, and I am sure there will be more.

You can't have all tough OOC games.  Give us some cupcakes too.  Do you want to go 6-6 every year or 9-3 every year.

I still say DW is doing a great job.  A good mix of top notch (UM, Auburn), mid level (MSU, KU, etc) and lower level games.  I would like to see the Buffalos be 1-0's or 2-1s rather than straight up 1-1.  Don't do 1-1 with non bcs, that way there are 7 home games. Let's see what the deals are before getting excited.

Hmmm.  Who did UM play weekend: FAMU.  Everyone plays cupcakes, are we to be any different.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

You can't schedule cupcakes every week.  Even our fans don't like it.........Why would other teams say its OK?