• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ramifications if usf loses to ftu/oc/ou

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

whether leavitt likes it or not it is a rivalry today

Big rivalry smazz   ;D  ...are you flying into town to join the other 1900+ Bulls fans at the Citrus Bowl?  That is huge man...Huge!  Please, this is hardly a rivlary...you've been overmarketed my friend.

Well when you add in the additional 1250 students, this is the second largest travelling contingent in USF history.  This is the LARGEST travelling contingent to a regular season away game in USF'S HISTORY.  The small number doesn't represent USF fans' lack of interest.  It represents USF's lack of fans.

So what your saying is that the sale of approximately 3-4k tickets for a game only an hour away (1200 of which were practically free) is proof that we want this rivalry? Those are some pretty low standards you have on fan interest

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FIU's defense is better than UCFs.  

McNeese... eh, we hiccuped but once we got rolling we rolled all over them.  500+ yards of offense against them, no?

Just because we struggled doesn't mean we couldn't move the ball.  Eliminating penalties should be our main focus.

FIUs defense is not better than UCFs, your sadly mistaken. Our last 3 games have been against CUSA champs, WAC champs, and likely SEC champs. FIU has played who???

HUH? Last year means nothing. this year you played villanova (exactly which champ were they?) and got crushed by florida. So which game are you using as the comparison? The nobody you played or the game that your D might as well have stayed home for?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Coach Leavitt is being REALLY short-sighted here dismissing the UCF rivalry.  Everyone but him and the fans who think he's right no matter what he says knows this has already begun to develop into a natural rivalry.  Even our players, for crying out loud!  If anyone should be able to give you a true gauge, would it not be the players?!?!

What a shame.  We'd rather pursue such tittilating games as Buffalo and Western Kentucky!!  Woooooooo-hoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

>:(

Buffalo, haven't they been in ESPN's bottom 10 for years? That is surely some good competion

Coach Leavitt is being REALLY short-sighted here dismissing the UCF rivalry.  Everyone but him and the fans who think he's right no matter what he says knows this has already begun to develop into a natural rivalry.  Even our players, for crying out loud!  If anyone should be able to give you a true gauge, would it not be the players?!?!

What a shame.  We'd rather pursue such tittilating games as Buffalo and Western Kentucky!!  Woooooooo-hoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

>:(

Buffalo, haven't they been in ESPN's bottom 10 for years? That is surely some good competion

UCF spent quite a bit of time there as well so whats the difference? A close crappy team or a far one, same level of competition different location.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

USF is not clear cut #4 like half of you think. Perception is reality. The local rags, experts, etc would say that neither team is. In fact, with the lack of press and bad press USF gets I wouldnt make such strong statements.

PS UCF was listen in the AP poll behind FSU last year at around #30, USF was not.

You guys are funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny

Hey Smazza,

You have a point. I would have to concede that USF has the better team until proven otherwise ON the field. However, from general perceptions I dont think there is a distinction made as the #1 step-child in Florida. In addition, the UCF team you played last year was the remenence of a debacle that started with something similar to what USF is going through right now. If I were you, I would be realistic and realize that the same thing can happen at USF. Lets break it down.

USF

Short History, Great Stides

BCS Status

Used superior strategy of playing lesser teams to build and then beating several marquee programs.

Not many starters in NFL

name recognition average

Defeated UL and Pitt

No OCS

Poor revenue streams

Small Fan Base

Average Facilities

Average Academics

Lower Football Academics Standings

Less Publicity

BEAT UCF

UCF

Long History

Scheduled Marquee programs and constantly got beat down except for the Daunte Days.

~dozen starters in NFL

Name recognition average

Never defeated ranked team

OCS

Larger Fan Base

Better Revenue streams as of 07

Excellent facilites

Average Academics

Higher Football Acad. Standards

More Publicity

LOSS TO USF

I would say the programs both have their advantages. You may disagree with my analysis and I appreciate your opinion. However, I think there is no #4, just 3 and the rest. USF being #4 is a figment of your imagination along with the rest of the fans on this board. Until it is received by the media and the state of Florida it really means nothing does it?

Most of the "publicity" UCF received last year was due to the pat on the back they got for actually managing to win a game. When you're the only team in 1A to not win a game, *any* kind of victory is going to get you decent attention on Sportscenter. People felt sorry for you!

It goes to show, if you set your standards low enough, ANYTHING seems like success.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Re: ramifications if usf loses to ftu/oc/ou?

I just saw on the calendar that the 17th is UEI Day...we'll have to cancel the parade is usf loses to ftu/oc/ou.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

whether leavitt likes it or not it is a rivalry today

Big rivalry smazz   ;D  ...are you flying into town to join the other 1900+ Bulls fans at the Citrus Bowl?  That is huge man...Huge!  Please, this is hardly a rivlary...you've been overmarketed my friend.

Well when you add in the additional 1250 students, this is the second largest travelling contingent in USF history.  This is the LARGEST travelling contingent to a regular season away game in USF'S HISTORY.  The small number doesn't represent USF fans' lack of interest.  It represents USF's lack of fans.

So what your saying is that the sale of approximately 3-4k tickets for a game only an hour away (1200 of which were practically free) is proof that we want this rivalry? Those are some pretty low standards you have on fan interest

Can you argue your way out of a paper bag? No, what he is saying is that it is the second largest traveling crowd you have ever had. What does that say about your interest?

FIU's defense is better than UCFs.  

McNeese... eh, we hiccuped but once we got rolling we rolled all over them.  500+ yards of offense against them, no?

Just because we struggled doesn't mean we couldn't move the ball.  Eliminating penalties should be our main focus.

FIUs defense is not better than UCFs, your sadly mistaken. Our last 3 games have been against CUSA champs, WAC champs, and likely SEC champs. FIU has played who???

HUH? Last year means nothing. this year you played villanova (exactly which champ were they?) and got crushed by florida. So which game are you using as the comparison? The nobody you played or the game that your D might as well have stayed home for?

The last three losses. Wow, you really hurt my feelings. This coming from a guy whose team got lucky to beat FIU. Lets face it, if FIU hadnt fumbled the ball on their own 30 you would have been done. You offense scored what, 14pts on FIU.  BTW, our special teams are very good and rudolph will be getting crushed. I think we have allowed like 2 ypp. We are going to destroy you Sat. Your done.

USF is not clear cut #4 like half of you think. Perception is reality. The local rags, experts, etc would say that neither team is. In fact, with the lack of press and bad press USF gets I wouldnt make such strong statements.

PS UCF was listen in the AP poll behind FSU last year at around #30, USF was not.

You guys are funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny

Hey Smazza,

You have a point. I would have to concede that USF has the better team until proven otherwise ON the field. However, from general perceptions I dont think there is a distinction made as the #1 step-child in Florida. In addition, the UCF team you played last year was the remenence of a debacle that started with something similar to what USF is going through right now. If I were you, I would be realistic and realize that the same thing can happen at USF. Lets break it down.

USF

Short History, Great Stides

BCS Status

Used superior strategy of playing lesser teams to build and then beating several marquee programs.

Not many starters in NFL

name recognition average

Defeated UL and Pitt

No OCS

Poor revenue streams

Small Fan Base

Average Facilities

Average Academics

Lower Football Academics Standings

Less Publicity

BEAT UCF

UCF

Long History

Scheduled Marquee programs and constantly got beat down except for the Daunte Days.

~dozen starters in NFL

Name recognition average

Never defeated ranked team

OCS

Larger Fan Base

Better Revenue streams as of 07

Excellent facilites

Average Academics

Higher Football Acad. Standards

More Publicity

LOSS TO USF

I would say the programs both have their advantages. You may disagree with my analysis and I appreciate your opinion. However, I think there is no #4, just 3 and the rest. USF being #4 is a figment of your imagination along with the rest of the fans on this board. Until it is received by the media and the state of Florida it really means nothing does it?

Most of the "publicity" UCF received last year was due to the pat on the back they got for actually managing to win a game. When you're the only team in 1A to not win a game, *any* kind of victory is going to get you decent attention on Sportscenter. People felt sorry for you!

It goes to show, if you set your standards low enough, ANYTHING seems like success.

Rather get publicity as a cinderella story than for smoking weed, stealing cameras, and failing school..LOL. I dont think TCC/HCC/SFU has been around long enough to go through a down period. I am confident out Duante team would have creamed any team you ever fielded. In addition, we will be destroying you Saturday. I have been watching USF on catch 47. Your offense looks like a HS offense.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

No, what he is saying is that it is the second largest traveling crowd you have ever had. What does that say about your interest?

You guys love that bit...keep in mind you are only about 90-100 miles away and we nearly gave away half of the tickets....while that may have made for a big(ger) travel party, it had less to do with the opponent being UCF...

Short drive - almost free?  Why not?