• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greek Idiot!

Guest R_to_the_izzo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

what about the poor schnook(student) that wanted one ticket!

It seems like SG doesn't care about the individual student, as they said the ticket program was originally going to cater only to student groups.  

exactly why there is so much backlash about this.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

what about the poor schnook(student) that wanted one ticket!

It seems like SG doesn't care about the individual student, as they said the ticket program was originally going to cater only to student groups.  

Who said that. As far as i know that was never NEVER NEVER the plan

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is not a question of ethics... this was not ever meant to be a way of paying for every students ticket either.  The ONLY reason SG bought and sold those tickets was that we wanted to create a want... and need for those tickets.  Without those tickets 1250 students may not have decided to attend the game.  The greeks did nothing wrong.  We ENCOURAGED student organizations, and es that includes greeks, to get togeather and get tickets.  The first plan only allowed student orgs to purchaise the tickets anyway!

Either way... if he found 270 greeks that wanted to go to the game... then so be it.  Thanks to his organizational efforts, he got 250 people to attend the game!  Next time we do this, get a group togeather and buy tickets!  

We WOULD have bought more tickets... but we were restricted by several policies/rules... and even UCF I believe.  They now know that students will go.

there ya go....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

There was no guarantee that, had a cap been in place, the entire inventory would have been used. Given that this is an effort to 'get a face in the place', I think returning discounted tickets (discounted by about 83%) would be a tad uncomfortable.

I may be wrong but the way I read this is that those tickets were bought and paid for. There would have been no returning tix...

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

From a completely disinterested outsider's perspective a few mistakes were made:

1. Not capping the amount an individual could buy, even with the U ID #'s of others, the most should have been 10 per person, especially after seeing the demand that existed from the tickets after the first day. And don't hand me the "we can't change the rules in mid-stream garbage." SG had the power to make the rules of engagement on this thing and they dropped the ball. See #2 for what SHOULD have been done concerning the second wave of ticket sales. Also, if not selling all of the tickets were a concern, you allow a student to buy 10 and then go to the end of the line to buy more if any are available. This ensures that everyone has a fair shake and that all of those who want tickets will be able to purchase them.

2. Not taking a list of names and U ID #'s for those that waited the first day and did not get tickets. Talk about unfair, these students were in line a full day before the others and I imagine some were not able to get the tickets. These students should have been given first priority on the second allotment.

3. Allowing student orgs (ie: Greeks) to buy up all of the tickets when those groups could have worked on their own with the athletic department to get highly discounted group rates. The point of an exercise such as this should be to get as many students as possible involved. I am not saying that anyone should have been prevented from purchasing the ticket, but the individual student with no organizational ties was obviously at a disadvantage as far as waiting in line for tickets goes. If you give me 400 people I can guarantee that I can find one in that group who is able/willing to stand in line hours before anyone else to make sure the group gets its tickets.

With all that being said, I applaud SG for making sure that our rabid student fans have the opportunity to be at the game. I think it will make the University look good and will only further add to the Bulls fever that is obviously starting to sweep through the campus.

You live and learn, and hopefully in the future SG will not repeat their mistakes. It took Ticketmaster years to perfect a method in which they limited ticket sales, but their efforts have, for the most part, been effective.

After all this banter is over, remember, we still have a game to win Saturday and we stand united.....GO BULLS!!!!

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

If you had put a one person, one ID limit in place, there would probably still be tickets left from the original 500 allotment today. Schlepping up to the Marshall Center and doing all that is more trouble than a lot of people (a lot of lazy people) think it's worth.

I'm still surprised that no one in the SG staff, or the Marshall Center staff, advised them to put a limit on the tickets. SG doesn't have experience in the ticket-selling business, but the MC certainly does.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

If you had put a one person, one ID limit in place, there would probably still be tickets left from the original 500 allotment today. Schlepping up to the Marshall Center and doing all that is more trouble than a lot of people (a lot of lazy people) think it's worth.

I'm still surprised that no one in the SG staff, or the Marshall Center staff, advised them to put a limit on the tickets. SG doesn't have experience in the ticket-selling business, but the MC certainly does.

exactly.... Now we have more than 1200 bulls going, not less than 500. I see this as a good thing

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

exactly.... Now we have more than 1200 bulls going, not less than 500. I see this as a good thing

How thick is your skull Sparky? The point is not that 1250 students are now going, that is obviously a good thing. The point is that by putting a cap (8 or 10 per trip through the line) you would have prevented the abuse of the system that obviously occured. YOu still would have sold all of the tickets and people would have been happy. Just try and learn from this mistake so you dolts don't make it again in the future.