• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOT should be ASHAMED

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

The FIU band was louder in the north half of the stadium than the USF band.  You cannot even hear our band in the south half.  With the numbers in our band, we should be rocking that stadium.  Really just piss poor.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

The FIU band was louder in the north half of the stadium than the USF band.  You cannot even hear our band in the south half.  With the numbers in our band, we should be rocking that stadium.  Really just piss poor.  

Are you nuts?  I sat opposite FIU just slight north 25 yard line area.  Not even close.  They played some good tunes though, and they played them well.  

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

All depends on where you sit.   I think the current location for HOT is not good.  The whole east and south side of the stadium can't hear them.  If I were them, I would be brainstorming as to where they could move so a large part of the crowd could hear them.  How about the south endzone?  Then the student section could fill up the current hot area, and hot could help fill that empty south endzone.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I think the south endzone is season tickets without a donation to USFAA/Bulls Club (just face value of tickets). But, I guess the University could shuffle people around if there was a proven need for it.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

You are wrong.  Why would you even start a thread like this? They have nothing to be ashamed about, you should be ashamed posting prior to thinking.  

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

It's not about numbers.  It is simply where the band is currently located as well as the acoustics of the stadium.

I could have written a similar thread about how FIU should be ashamed etc. ... But I knew that their location has the same issues for the East and North sides of the stadium.

My personal opinion is that spectators sitting in the East (at least a section away from the band) and those in the South end do not get the full impact if any from H.O.T..  If Ray Jay was a closed bowl style stadium, there would be no issue about the sound....Being that it is an open stadium, that means the sound will only project where we point our instruments.  Also with the well stated logistics issue of the use of the stairs to get on and off the field, we are stuck in that location until an alternative is thought of.

I totally understand TwillyBull's concern.  If any USF fan and alumni have the same concerns, then contact USF Athletics for I'm sure they have their own quality assurance program to improve the overall enjoyment of the spectator at each game.  Until your constructive input is received by the right people, the kind of changes that you want will never happen.

FYI, While we were playing the Alma Mater and The Mission after the game CJL came over to Dr. Robinson and thanked us [H.O.T.] for our part in the 4th quarter to uplift the team's spirit to help them in their victory.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

twillybull how drunk were you when you wrote this :-?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I mentioned this in another thread but I sit on the opposite side of the stadium almost exactly between the two bands so it's probably as good as any to compare the two. There is no doubt that the USF band was louder then the FIU band!

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

I mentioned this in another thread but I sit on the opposite side of the stadium almost exactly between the two bands so it's probably as good as any to compare the two. There is no doubt that the USF band was louder then the FIU band!

{Displayin' the Bull Horns}

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

This is just another example of a negative thread that is completely unnecessary and uncalled for. The Herd of Thunder works their butts off all week long to practice, in buildings that are sub-par compared with other schools, most of them without scholarships or compensation. The dedication they put into it is amazing. A good number of them show up to every basketball game too. Our band is kick @$$ compared to most bands around the state, ESPECIALLY compared to UMiami (where I'm at for med school).

There's no reason to post negatively with a title like "HOT should be ASHAMED." If you have constructive suggestions, feel free to start semipositive banter about it. But stop being a bunch of jack@$$e$ every chance you get. The USF fan community does not benefit from attitudes like that.