• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any revisions on our '06 predictions?

Guest BasketBull.

Wow... My life flashed before my eyes tonight. This whole football program would have been taken 6 years back in time...

They had better get their act together or it's going to be a very, very long season.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

windbane - shocked if the coaching stays this way.

There's no way this team should be scratching to win these first to games, coming from behind on both.

To many missed assignements, missed tackles, to many dumb plays called, to many penalties, to many dropped passes...

It's like these guys go into a game with a set scenario and can't adjust to what the other team is doing. If they put eight guys in the box and dare you to run, and you CANNOT RUN, throw the friggin' ball!

I'm just really pissed at this game because I expected to see improvement from last week and we got worse.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I think USF has a young team and will get better as the season goes on. That said, I think it might be a struggle to get to six wins this season.

screw THE TEAM BEING young

i SEE NO TALENT ON THE LINES OR RB POSITION

THE MISTAKES WE MADE WE COACHING,;ACK OF TALENT AND DISCIPLINE BASED

WHY ISNT RUTGERS YOUNG? THEY IMPROVED FROM LAST YEAR

WHY ISNT PITT YOUNG?THEY IMPROVED

CWHY ISNT CUSE YOUNG? THEY IMPROVED

I AM WAITING FOR THE INFLUX OF TALENT,YOUNG OR OTHERWISE,FOR USF TO GET IN UL/WV TERRITORY

PEOPLE USF IS IN THE MIDDLE OF TREMENDOUS TALENT BASE IN TAMPA AREA.WE SHOULD HAVE DESTROYED FIU WITH OUR SECOND AND THIRD TEAMS.

THE MOST OUR PLAYERS CAN STAY IS 5 YEARS AND WE CAN GIVE 25 SCHOLLYS A YEAR SO WE SHOULDNT BE THAT YOUNG WHERE WE ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH 1AA TEAMS AND BOTTOM OF THE BARREL  1A TEAMS

PLEASE DONT TELL ME FIU IS REALLY A GOOD TEAM. I WONT BUY IT.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Grothe wasn't very impressive.  Our running game is non-existent.

That Rutgers team I watched today was top to bottom very very solid.

These next 3 games will be a testament to how good we are.

If we are good -- we will win the next 3.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Many on this board were predicting 8-0 or even 10-0 to start the season.  I was crucified for saying it wouldn't happen.  At this point, we'll be lucky to beat UCF.  I have a bad feeling about that game.........

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

OK - we go 5-5 the rest of the way to end at 7-5.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I think Rutgers could be the sleeper team of the year.

They ran the ball to the tune of almost 500 yards in two games.  Always a big fan of teams that can run the ball.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Ok i havent seen this explanation yet....

Ok i know alot of people here say the USF athletic department and coaches dont view UCF as a rivalry, BUT did any of you ever stop to think that the players do?  It has all the makings of a rivalry from a players perspective

1. Most playeres were prolly recruited by both schools

2. Most of the players have been playing against or with each other prolly close to their whole lives

3. The two colleges are vying for the same attention nationally as programs

4. The students see this as a rivalry will prolly talk to the players just as much about this game as UL or WV

I havent got a change to watch the replay as i wasnt there today because i was in jacksonville getting ready to move some stuff back down there.  But this has all the symptoms from what ive heard from people who were there and saw it and on here or a week before a rivalry let down.  I wouldnt be surprised if most of the players were looking forward to this weeks game rather then a game against a FIU.  

Yes we do have problems that need to be fixed no doubt but alot of people here are really running around like we lost of FIU by 3 touchdowns.  If anything im glad yesterday happend because maybe it will be a wake up call to the players and coaches that hey we really need to buckle down a bit more or else we will embarass ourselves this year.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

McNese should have been a wakeup call.  Maybe we needed 2 alarms...we shall see.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

... but we have nothing close to a replacement for Hall and special teams are a JOKE!!!

Yep...#1 is not playing due to suspension, #2 is lost for the season, Who knows who #3 is?  

Special teams will come around.  Let's relax and be happy we weren't opening with some payday road games.

Special teams mistakes need to be dealt with by the coach, who I believe is CJL.  Ian Randolph is an all around player.  Matt Grothe rushed for 82 yards and threw for 174  total 256 yards-----game stats show 297 total yards for the team.  Not bad for a redshirt freshman.  Think of the yardage a good RB could make.  I say we should only get better!!!!!!!!!