• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Sending the Wrong Message

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

We have to care about this because his attitude is denying us media exposure.  I constantly read complaints of papers running Gator/Nole/UM stories but now I can't blame them.  If CJL is denying access to staff and players then there is nothing much to talk about other than "USF plays FIU this weekend."  I know most of us are supporters of CJL but at the same time we should accept when his attitude is detrimental to the program.  One story less on USF in the paper is one less chance at grabbing attention and support for the program.  Winning is great, but winning while having people actually caring is better.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

King James has built a moat around USF football, which is growing less lovable by the minute.

This comment does concern me, whether we like it or not we need the media to cover the team so the people in the area can get interested. It's not like we are in a situation that the area is demanding to know about USF Football (yet) so if the media gets put off then it's only our program that will suffer.

I agree with Wooly, I've never understood Leavitt's reasoning behind all this. He may not owe us any information (although I don't entirely agree with that) but it is certainly prudent to give as much of it as he can to keep people interested. Yeah, always winning is a great way too but is it realitic to expect that we will always be winning? IMO we need more substance than just a W/L record.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Gotta agree.  This is getting old.  I want some coverage on my team and we can't get it 'cuz Leavitt is being an asss/childish.  He needs to get over the fact some of his players are not angels.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

As long as JL keep winning who cares? Why do we want to micromanage these guys?

Well...if we were slaying giants, that'd be a fair assumption. Looks to me like CJL is mirco-managing the players and position coaches.

usf and leavitt have won nothing

one bowl game and usf looked bad in getting shut out

for last 5 years usf  and leavitt have put a boring product on the field

season tix sales are less than the early years. usf should be at 20-25k by now but leavitt has no sense on how to build a fan base.HE IS PISSING OFF THE PRESS

YOU CANT STUPIDER THAN THAT

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

YOU CANT STUPIDER THAN THAT

Well....maybe you can BE stupider than that! ;)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

BTW, I agree with what most of you are saying.  We NEED press coverage.  I have always supported CJL and still do, but he's got to start opening up to the press.  I just don't understand why he's taking this attitude.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Ouch.  He makes some good points.  We need all the attention we can get.  I believe CJL kows his program isn't that good this year and has had a multitude of problems and he is stonewalling because of it.  

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Gotta agree.  This is getting old.  I want some coverage on my team and we can't get it 'cuz Leavitt is being an asss/childish.  He needs to get over the fact some of his players are not angels.

I think that covers the bottom line....it's a problem and it's embarrassing.  Donors, students, fans and loyal supporters deserve more than this.   The only reason I subscribe to the Trib is to know what's happening with the Bulls....and the head won't speak.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Just another dude trying to sell papers.  [smiley=violin.gif]

Just out of curiousity......isn't selling papers WITH stories about the Bulls what WE want as well?